question about my home theater setup

R

rza

Audiophyte
I just bought a new Denon AVRX3300. My center channel is Bowers and wilkins HTM61 S2, and I am using B&W 685 S2 as front R and L speakers. Now, I am planning to buy a a set up of B&W CM 10 S2 speaker to use as front speakers, but my only worry is whether I will have any issues matching my center speaker or not. Ideally, I should have bought the CM center speaker, but I have paid 750 dollars just a month ago on HTM 61. Any thoughts? Should I even consider cm 10 S2 or just stick with 683 S2? Appreciate your help.

R

rza

Audiophyte
Currently using 685 bookshelf speakers as front. Since B&w speakers are expensive, I was planning to buy them piece by piece. I bought HTM61 S2, 685 S2 with my AV receiver all at once last month with goal to buy a set of floor speakers at a later date. Now, I want to buy my floor speakers, move 685 to back and add a sub to complete my 5.1 setup. Because I listened to CM 10 S2 and liked them a lot, I was worried about paying another 4 k on speakers if I run into issues. I am new to this, so I was asking for your advice.

PietjePuk

PietjePuk

Enthusiast
Ah. Ok, as far as I know the surround speakers shouldn't be a problem, but maybe you could just go and listen in a local store to the cm10 with the centre? I'm not familiar with the setup, but as I understood generally the characteristics of speakers within a brand should be similar enough for movie surround.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis