vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
listening to some queensryche on pandora right now. I wish this band would come back in town someday.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
listening to some queensryche on pandora right now. I wish this band would come back it town someday.
Nothing wrong with that. They are great that is for sure. ;):);) I sure wouldn't mind seeing them myself.

Cheers,

Phil

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
Just got through watching my old Operation Livecrime DVD. The sound quality is not as good as some concert DVD's but is acceptable. If you are a Queensryche fan like me, when cranked, sounds good enough.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just got through watching my old Operation Livecrime DVD. The sound quality is not as good as some concert DVD's but is acceptable. If you are a Queensryche fan like me, when cranked, sounds good enough.
By looking at the list of your gear, I am sure it does ROCK! Very nice set-up. Congrats to you for assembling a top-notch system. Thanks for the info as I will keep this in mind. BTW, where in TN are you? My daughter lives in Jackson, TN. Are you close to there? Just curious is all. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
By looking at the list of your gear, I am sure it does ROCK! Very nice set-up. Congrats to you for assembling a top-notch system. Thanks for the info as I will keep this in mind. BTW, where in TN are you? My daughter lives in Jackson, TN. Are you close to there? Just curious is all. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks, I live about 40 minutes west of Jackson in Dyersburg. I call it the NW coast of Tn. Most of my age (48) friends are into country music but I am still a metal head. Actually have the Damn Yankees cranked as I type.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks, I live about 40 minutes west of Jackson in Dyersburg. I call it the NW coast of Tn. Most of my age (48) friends are into country music but I am still a metal head. Actually have the Damn Yankees cranked as I type.
Oh yes, the Damn Yankees. I have always liked their music. I have seen Ted Nugent several times. he always puts on one heck of a show. BTW, I have also been through Dyersburg several times. Guess it is a small world. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Phil

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
Yeah, Ted is one of the best in my book. Stranglehold performed live will be burned into my memory banks till the end. Seen him live 3 times. Actually one of the loudest concerts I have ever been to.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, Ted is one of the best in my book. Stranglehold performed live will be burned into my memory banks till the end. Seen him live 3 times. Actually one of the loudest concerts I have ever been to.
Agreed-Ted can really tear up a guitar! Funny you mention how loud his concerts are as I had the same feeling......LOL!!!!! A former classmate's ex-husband used to hunt with him. Ted seems like a good down to earth type of guy.

Cheers,

Phil

F

ffk

Audiophyte
Queensryche Empire DCC 24 kt Gold CD...

Highly recommended if you can find one. Sound has much improvement.

bidding has ended though...

cgi.ebay.com/Queensryche-Empire-Rare-DCC-24-Kt-Gold-Audiophile-CD_W0QQitemZ400080550629QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item5d26a8bae5

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Queensryche Empire DCC 24 kt Gold CD...

Highly recommended if you can find one. Sound has much improvement.

bidding has ended though...

cgi.ebay.com/Queensryche-Empire-Rare-DCC-24-Kt-Gold-Audiophile-CD_W0QQitemZ400080550629QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item5d26a8bae5
Thanks for the info. I will keep this in mind. ;):);) Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Phil

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I am listening to the "art of live cd" right now. I love the song selection on this disk and the sound quality as well.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am listening to the "art of live cd" right now. I love the song selection on this disk and the sound quality as well.
Thanks for the heads up. It is on my list of things to do. Hope all is well.

Cheers,

Phil

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I'm listening to the re-mastered CD of their original EP. (I finally upgraded from vinyl :) ) It's pretty cool but just as badly compressed as most of my hard rock CDs. I guess, on the plus side, you don't really have to worry about amplifier head room with this sort of music. :rolleyes:

Jim

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I use "Silent Lucidity" as a demo disc when testing out speakers. If you have very good speakers you can clearly hear the female voice say "Help Me" four times, with avarage speeakers you can't maybe 1-2 times.

A little known fact about all the members of Queensryche is that they are all classically trained and hence why you get that "orchestra" feeling out of many of their songs.

Last edited:
O

onkyoampman2009

Audioholic
YES, i'm 1 of a very few...

Yes, i'm 1 of a VERY FEW who to THIS DAY,
still have
QUEENSRYCHE- LIVE AT BUTAKON 1985 ON LASERDISC!
You know, the BIG silver platers that we had in the 80's and 90's
until DVD came to be.

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
Queensryche is one of my all time favorite bands. Even though I am pushing 50 I am, and will always be a rock head. Nothing like kickin back my recliner, in between my two towers and cranking Operation Mindcrime. Plus it DRIVES MY WIFE CRAZY! But then, so does everything else I get into.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Queensryche is one of my all time favorite bands. Even though I am pushing 50 I am, and will always be a rock head. Nothing like kickin back my recliner, in between my two towers and cranking Operation Mindcrime. Plus it DRIVES MY WIFE CRAZY! But then, so does everything else I get into.
Not a thing on Earth wrong w/that! Hey next time, drink one for me will you?

Cheers,

Phil

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
They were a band that showed up with bad timing. They had some success initially but were were a bit ahead of their time so they seemed to fade out a bit. I saw them live years ago and it was a great show, still like the album.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
i think they came in at just the right time. while their sound and style are awesome, they just never fully "clicked" in the mainstream.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis