Quebec Forest Fires

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
So far this year, close to 25 million acres have been destroyed in Quebec, an historical record.

It's just the beginning for our warmed up planet.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
So far this year, close to 25 million acres have been destroyed in Quebec, an historical record.

With all that smoke, maybe planet will start getting colder? ;) :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Unfortunately. How much is total forest area, tho?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe we should think about finding a way to genetically modify new trees, possibly using asbestos genetics in the process? :eek:

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The fact is that a majority of the fires were caused by thunder storms.
Same around here, some human idiocy caused stuff (well aside from stupid management over the years)....so far not much dry lightning altho we're holding our breath so to speak....

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Same around here, some human idiocy caused stuff (well aside from stupid management over the years)....so far not much dry lightning altho we're holding our breath so to speak....
Better keep an eye out for those space lasers, too...

highfigh

highfigh

When lightning causes a wet tree to explode, the fact that it was rained on really doesn't matter.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The extra rain has created a boom in grasses and other things that burn nicely, so our fire season is likely to be ugly also. We have a heat bubble right now with humidity from the gulf so we have the potential for thunder storms the next couple of days.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
When lightning causes a wet tree to explode, the fact that it was rained on really doesn't matter.
Still, the more wet the forest is, it does help, and the water in a tree can conduct electricity quite well, too. Some hits will just burn, for sure, and the trees already suffering from past drought years don't help. The additional undergrowth from our relatively wet winter/spring can be a problem like jgarcia says...

highfigh

highfigh

Still, the more wet the forest is, it does help, and the water in a tree can conduct electricity quite well, too. Some hits will just burn, for sure, and the trees already suffering from past drought years don't help. The additional undergrowth from our relatively wet winter/spring can be a problem like jgarcia says...
If a forest has received rain long enough to soak everything, sure.

How the hell can they stop 150 fires, just in Quebec?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Gonna be a rough one for a lot of areas this year and going forward.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If a forest has received rain long enough to soak everything, sure.

How the hell can they stop 150 fires, just in Quebec?
We had a lot of trouble with a handful of good sized fires in Oregon last year, and that's throwing a lot of resources at it, and we were right next to the biggest one....150 separate fires boggle the mind.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not sure it works that way. Look at the planet Venus It got super-hot when the cloud cover got thicker. If that's the case, then the smoke will only help to increase the heat. Kinda like a global sauna.:(

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I'm not sure it works that way. Look at the planet Venus It got super-hot when the cloud cover got thicker. If that's the case, then the smoke will only help to increase the heat. Kinda like a global sauna.:(
Yep, that seems right.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis