avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
I second the above as well. Suntory makes some of the finest single malts in the world. The Japanese are very passionate about single malt scotch and are considered some of the finest producers.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
For the record white oak isn't one of the hardest woods as the ad states. It is, however, pretty dense. I would view a high level of hardness as a liability in a speaker cabinet. Very hard cabinets would simply tend to resonate more easily than less hard materials and resonance isn't something desirable in a speaker enclosure.

High density, however, is OK in a speaker enclosure and white oak should be fine, not because it is hard, but because it is dense. However, I can't see how it would be any better than a hardwood plywood or MDF, both of which are more uniform and predictable. Certainly the fact that whisky was aged in it would meaningless. The wood would be dried before use in manufacturing a speaker enclosure.

A California bicycle manufacturer released a bike frame made of bamboo late last year. Bamboo doesn't make a particularly good bike frame material but the marketing gimmicry was interesting and effective. I would put these speaker enclosures in the same gimmic-ridden category.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wooo! They're be serving these speakers as drinks at the audioholics party!

Lets see who can to the most shots!

SheepStar

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Japanese are very passionate about single malt scotch and are considered some of the finest producers.
You mean "single malt whisk(e)y". 'Scotch':

1. Must be distilled at a Scottish distillery from water and malted barley, to which only other whole grains may be added, have been processed at that distillery into a mash, converted to a fermentable substrate only by endogenous enzyme systems, and fermented only by the addition of yeast;
  2. Must be distilled to an alcoholic strength of less than 94.8% by volume so that it retains the flavour of the raw materials used in its production;
  3. Must be matured in Scotland in oak casks for no less than three years;
  4. Must not contain any added substance other than water and caramel colouring, and;
  5. May not be bottled at less than 40% alcohol by volume.
:)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
As an advertising ploy, these deserve to join the exalted ranks of Chia Pets, the Amazing Ginsu knife, and The Clapper.:p

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
You mean "single malt whisk(e)y". 'Scotch':

1. Must be distilled at a Scottish distillery from water and malted barley, to which only other whole grains may be added, have been processed at that distillery into a mash, converted to a fermentable substrate only by endogenous enzyme systems, and fermented only by the addition of yeast;
  2. Must be distilled to an alcoholic strength of less than 94.8% by volume so that it retains the flavour of the raw materials used in its production;
  3. Must be matured in Scotland in oak casks for no less than three years;
  4. Must not contain any added substance other than water and caramel colouring, and;
  5. May not be bottled at less than 40% alcohol by volume.
:)
I was waiting for you to chime in Robbie. I am never short on my selection of good single malts, Irish, Canadian and American whiskeys. Single malt, Scotch, Bourbon, blended. It just depends on the occasion.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis