PS3 Wireless Controller

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Seems like it is broken or won't take a charge. The lights just blink or all stay a solid red and I can't turn on the PS3 with it or control anything.

Is this common? I have never had an issue. My Fattie was 3 or 4 years old and always worked fine. The Slim is ~6 months old and the controller is out?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
The last controller died in a few months with very little usage. I just don't think they make the controllers like they used to.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Try another cable or another usb port if you haven't already. I haven't had that issue with any of my controllers, and I've had mine for years as well.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Try another cable or another usb port if you haven't already. I haven't had that issue with any of my controllers, and I've had mine for years as well.
Tried that.

Yesterday I could at least control the system with a wired connection but today that won't even work. I can still use the NYCON IR remote.

Is it still the controller or the machine?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'd imagine it's the controller if the remote works.

E

elise201

Audiophyte
can you try this on another ps3? or mayb a different usb port

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Oh well I'm dumb then. Borrow a controller from someone to test if it's the bluetooth then :/

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
The remote is IR, the controller is BT.
Dawg,
The only suggestion I could give is to try another controller, I have two and they get beat up pretty bad and are still working fine, I also have the PS3 remote which is BT, I have not experienced the problem you discribe, like I said if you can get another known working controller and see if that works, if not it has to be in the Ps3 console, but I highly doubt that, just try another contoller, this will at least narrow your culprit to the machine or your controller, since you already tried the controller wired, I don't believe it is the PS3. Hope this helps.
Jeff

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Dawg,
The only suggestion I could give is to try another controller, I have two and they get beat up pretty bad and are still working fine, I also have the PS3 remote which is BT, I have not experienced the problem you discribe, like I said if you can get another known working controller and see if that works, if not it has to be in the Ps3 console, but I highly doubt that, just try another contoller, this will at least narrow your culprit to the machine or your controller, since you already tried the controller wired, I don't believe it is the PS3. Hope this helps.
Jeff
I just purchased a new controller. Charging now but it works when plugged into the short USB. When plugged into a long USB with a repeater, it doesn't work even though that used to work without issue.

I will let it charge for a bit and report back.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Seems to be working fine now.

I got a refurb from GameStop, are you supposed to just pack up your old controller and take it back for a full refund since they offer a 7 day no question asked return?

I don't have a lot of morals when it comes to large companies.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'd return it. Any time I get a chance to give them the shaft I do. Gamestop is the kind of company that will buy your game for $5 and sell it for $50.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I'd return it. Any time I get a chance to give them the shaft I do. Gamestop is the kind of company that will buy your game for $5 and sell it for $50.
That's just wrong...:eek:

Do you think they have it marked in any way so they can identify?:D

ahblaza

ahblaza

That's just wrong...:eek:

Do you think they have it marked in any way so they can identify?:D
I don't believe so, I would try to return it and see what happens, Gamestop has been very good with their customer service with me, I am speaking only of my experiences with them. Good luck, glad to hear it's not your console.

ahblaza

ahblaza

They may have serial # on file, I don't know.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis