PS3 @ 480P On Harman Kardon AVR 1710

H

H0us3

Audiophyte
Hi, I purchased the Onkyo NR 616 receiver and could not get it to recognize any of the inputs. I hear this model has been troublesome, and returned it.

I then got the HK AVR 1710, the cable box plays fine but PS3 will only connect at 480P. When connected directly to the TV the PS3 works fine in HD 1080P.

I am a newbie at the receiver stuff, I expected it to be plug and play. It seems I got two receivers that don't work. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone tell me what can fix this issue?

On another note, I have the JBL CS6100, it sounds ok....but im not really sure how good it should sound, would the Klipsch quartet or Energy Take Classic be better? Anyone else have heard all of these to make a comparison?

Thanks

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
How do you have the cable box and PS 3 connected to the receiver? Are they both connected with HDMI? Just trying to diagnose why the cable box displays HD through the receiver but the PS 3 doesn't.

roleydre

roleydre

Audioholic
Have you done the ps3 video setup?....also,i had a similar problem,i was only getting 720p output from ps3,going into receiver and out to tv,i unplugged tv and plugged it back in ,ran the ps3 video setup and it worked like i wanted it to,i got 1080p output...

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis