projector suggestion please

S

suniltgeorge

Junior Audioholic
Iv been suggested optoma hd 25 . only reason I din like it was cause its white
Could anyone suggest a projector with same spec or same range and price range that's BLACK
Tnkyu in advance

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I think Epson only does black for their pro models, which are mostly identical to their standard versions but make the extra couple bucks more worth it cause they include an extra lamp as well. Much higher in the price spectrum, JVC.

S

suniltgeorge

Junior Audioholic
I found the optoma hd131xe equally good and its cheaper all same specs except lumen 200 less . but it comes under optomas multimedia projectors and not home theater category .does that make a diffrence .. ???

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
The BenQ w1070 is still a popular pick. I have an Acer 6510HD which isn't perfect, but is very bright and replacement bulbs are very inexpensive.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If you actually care about quality, the BenQ W1070 is the best model on the market under $1,800 or so. It uses a RGB/RGB color wheel of higher speed than Optoma and generates better colors, with less noise in the image, with outstanding color brightness.

The Optoma models are good, but all use 2x color wheels which increases RBE issues, and lowers color quality output, while their models introduce more noise into the image, especially with black levels. While they do have better black levels, the noise in the image can be a distraction.

The HD131x and the HD25e, from what I have read, are identical models. Despite some claims to the contrary from the manufacturer, it seems to be the same guts on both.

I would be looking at quality first myself, which means the W1070 or spend a bit more and get the added quality and features of the Panasonic AE8000 which is closer to the $2,000 price point.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Panasonic AE800 is black, and last I heard you could pick them up with a rebate for under $2k.

A

AudioPhreak

Audiophyte
If you actually care about quality, the BenQ W1070 is the best model on the market under $1,800 or so. It uses a RGB/RGB color wheel of higher speed than Optoma and generates better colors, with less noise in the image, with outstanding color brightness.

The Optoma models are good, but all use 2x color wheels which increases RBE issues, and lowers color quality output, while their models introduce more noise into the image, especially with black levels. While they do have better black levels, the noise in the image can be a distraction.

The HD131x and the HD25e, from what I have read, are identical models. Despite some claims to the contrary from the manufacturer, it seems to be the same guts on both.

I would be looking at quality first myself, which means the W1070 or spend a bit more and get the added quality and features of the Panasonic AE8000 which is closer to the $2,000 price point.
Hey BMXTRIX,

So I decided to look at your recommendation and found it on Amazon.

amazon [dot] com /BenQ-W1070-1080P-Theater-Projector/dp/B00A2T6X0K (I can't hyperlink)

Is this the same one? I ask because the price is at under $800 and I wanted to make sure it was the correct one. If so, it's a steal!

Have you seen them come in black?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There is not a black version of the W1070 - only white. But, at $730 shipped to your door, you could probably figure out how to make a black cover for it which would work very well.

Above and beyond things, the Sony HW40ES is on sale for $2,000 and is a significant upgrade on the W1070 and is black. That's about where I stand on things. Despite a ton of options between, I would get the white and silver W1070 from BenQ on the entry level side, or the Sony HW40ES on the mid-level side.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis