Projector Screens - High Quality Alternatives??

G

galindez

Enthusiast
Does anyone have any familiarity with the DIYTheater website that sells projector screen paint kits? I am in the process of creating a basement home theater and was looking for good alternatives to the screen. I am not looking for the poor man technique of painting, but am intrigued at the companies offering.

Has the Audioholic folks ever reviewed?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
www.projectorcentral.com recently did a head to head comparison of several screens including one of the DIY paint screen systems. They did not piss all over it, but gave it a very, very fair try.

I just want to say, that one of my friends did a DIY screen and he spent about two weeks making the drywall to display it on, mudding it, sanding it, repeat until perfectly flat. Then he Goo'ed it up and about a month after it was done and was perfect... the drywall got a small crack in it due to environmental changes.

I'm not a drywall guy, so I know I would never try it, especially considering that there are some good buys available on 16x9 permenantly tensioned screens out there.

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
Get in touch with:
www.draperscreens.com
www.dalite.com

These two screen manufacturers make excellent manual wall screens - motorized wall screens and permanent wall screens, I am sure if you call them they will guide you in choosing the best screen for your multimedia system

Mr.T

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis