Projector & Screen Material

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Hello.

I'm still enjoying my dedicated room, but, I want to have a projector for the studio. It's bright in the waiting room during the day, but I have blackouts that come down and block ~90% ... but mostly it would be used at night anyways.

I've been considering this:
Optoma TH1060P Projector (Optoma TH1060P)

For a screen, I'm thinking of buying screen material and using a background stand to hold the material. But, I'll likely buy the projector first and then determine screen size.

What do you guys think of that projector? Seems to be recommended in my price range, it's probably at the top of what I'd want to spend. Also I thought its brightness would be helpful if someone wanted to watch during the day.

Thoughts?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The Optoma looks terrible from when I saw it and the color wheel speed was not very good. It is very much designed as an entry level business class projector and the color reproduction of it and image quality certainly indicates as such.

I would recommend the cheaper DLP projectors which have just come to market, such as the BenQ W1070. It produces a very bright image with good color accuracy out of the box, similar reports with the new Optoma model (HD25). I ended up getting the BenQ in the first batch because I needed something cheap and am stunned with how good it does end up looking on a 161" screen in less than ideal conditions.

As long as the screen area is mostly shaded, you will be very happy with something like that. These models aren't 'dedicated-theater' worthy, but they are certainly ideal family room type projectors which can deliver the goods.

Plus, as it is available for about $900 it certainly gives you some wiggle room.

BenQ W1070 Full HD 1080p 3D DLP Home Entertainment Projector

This projector is simply killing when it comes to the general reviews and happiness of owners. I'm glad I lucked into being one of them.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I must have pressed the wrong button, as I don't see my reply from before here. THANK YOU!!!!! Awesome response. Installed and awesome!

I'll have to post some photos. Actually the picture quality is way better than I expected, and ambient light it performs amazing with.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis