Projector mounted to camera slider

S

Swizzle44xl

Audiophyte
just like the title states what is needed to connect a projector to camera slider track? My issue is mounting a projector by my calculations I would need to mount it directly under the ducts in the basement and due to 2" between drop ceiling and ducts. I have seen two projectors mounted to one track but cannot seem to locate one and the pieces needed to accomplish this any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the absolute last step in the dedicated home theater.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not sure what a camera slider is. You mean like the tracks on the ground they move camera dollies around on? I'm just not really sure what you are trying to achieve.

You really don't want to move a projector and need it on a fairly secure base to line it up properly with the screen. If your intent is to move it all the time, then why not get a good projector mount with a quick release, then just pull it down when not in use? The Chief RPMAU is a very sturdy mount with an excellent quick release feature.

Either way, you may be refocussing and zooming everytime you put it up and pull it down.

S

Swizzle44xl

Audiophyte
Basically I was thinking a camera slider because the mount point right above my drop ceiling in that spot is a heat duct and I can't go through it so I was thinking around it?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Around it is fine, but you can use basic hardware like some 2x4s, screws, and a piece of plywood. Depending on the ceiling setup, you can skirt the edges of the ductwork and put the plywood above the drop ceiling, but just under the duct work. I wouldn't get overly fancy with the gear, but just use solid connections that you can put in place out of wood, then, if anything is exposed, paint it to match the room/space appropriately. This should all be possible for about $20 or so in material. Might take a couple of hours to accomplish.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Around it is fine, but you can use basic hardware like some 2x4s, screws, and a piece of plywood. Depending on the ceiling setup, you can skirt the edges of the ductwork and put the plywood above the drop ceiling, but just under the duct work. I wouldn't get overly fancy with the gear, but just use solid connections that you can put in place out of wood, then, if anything is exposed, paint it to match the room/space appropriately. This should all be possible for about $20 or so in material. Might take a couple of hours to accomplish.
Agreed. I'm having a tough time visualizing what the OP is describing. But, I may also consider iron pipe and pipe fittings as an alternative solution to the problem.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis