Projector For Outdoor Use - Daylight/Dusk/Dark

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
So, this isn't a question I see here often, but I figured I'd post about this as it is a question which is incorrectly listed all over the internet.

If you search Google for 'outdoor daytime projector use', then the very first hit I got said the following lie:
"If you have a high-quality projector with a high lumen count, then you can use it outdoors during the day. "

This is not only incorrect, it is blatantly false and misleading. This is followed by a ton of the same VERY poor information that is repeated over and over and over again. Claims of 3,000-5,000 lumens being plenty bright enough for outdoor use during the day.

What do all of these websites have in common? None of them actually have any photos or videos of a projector being used, outside, during the day! You would think if they are giving good information, then they would have some photos or videos which support that simple statement.

Well, yesterday, I went outside at 6:30, 8:15, and 9:00. So, it's just about Summer, and that equates to late afternoon, just after sunset, and fully after sunset. I pulled out my 5,000 lumen Panasonic projector, and I fired it up on the side of my (white) garage door. It's not a screen, but it has similar characteristics to what a typical vinyl white screen would deliver. I put up an incredibly small 50" or so image size, and the results I got made it clear that these websites are presenting incredibly poor information to consumers. It's gross how misleading these sites are and how bad the information is. In 20+ years of doing front projection, I can't believe how much poor information is out there, but this one takes the cake.

Anyway, here are the three videos I shot that day...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis