panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
As the title states my projector has decided to randomly flicker. I know it is the PJ because it has the problem on test patterns that are built into the projector with no source attached. If I tap the side of the PJ, it stops. Also, it only starts if I'm using it for a few hours, in the first few hours it doesn't happen.

I've never seen this before and only have 1500 hours on the PJ and bulb. I'm thinking that the bulb is going prematurely. Anyone else ever seen this?

Projector is a Mitsubishi HC4000 connected to an APC UPS to protect the bulb. Any other thoughts as to what could be the cause other than the bulb?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I've heard of lamp flicker before. Nobody seems to be able to say why it occurs exactly, but if the projector is under warranty, then I would call Mits about it.

I will add, 1,500 hours may be under the 'normal' amount listed, but is very typical for a lamp to end its useful life. I generally recommend that people budget for a new lamp at 1,000 hours. Lamps dim significantly over time and at any point after 1,000 hours people often find that the quality of the image suffers significantly due to this dimming.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
open up the projector. unplug & replug(at least several times per connection) all connections you can find. including the bulb.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
As strange as this sounds, it seems to have stopped. Wondering if my UPS is to blame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
yeah, well, don't count on it. my pj is acting up. never did it. then a hint of problems. then BAMMMM, couldn't even use it. then the next day, like it never happened. now, its acting up a little again. and mine has low hrs on it, 550.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis