projectiondesign avielo optix SuperWide 235 Projector

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Making its worldwide debut at CEDIA Expo 2010, the avielo optix SuperWide 235 utilizes a new high-resolution DLP chip, developed by projectiondesign engineers in partnership with Texas Instruments (TI), that allows an image of 2538 x 1080 resolution to be displayed in the home for the first time without the use of additional optics. Until now, in home theater applications, the only way to truly watch a picture in 2.35:1 full format was to add additional bulky lenses to the front of the projector and then scale the picture to fit the screen.

Discuss "projectiondesign avielo optix SuperWide 235 Projector" here. Read the article.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Can anyone say $20,000?

I really think this is a bit long overdue with the incredible hype that the marketing machine has had for 2.35 CIH setups. It's not any suprise to me that we are finally seeing a product come to market, but we are a ways off from when we will be seeing Optoma and InFocus use these chips I expect, and we still need Epson to come out with some LCD equivalents.

Nice step in the right direction!

I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
Can anyone say $20,000?

I really think this is a bit long overdue with the incredible hype that the marketing machine has had for 2.35 CIH setups. It's not any suprise to me that we are finally seeing a product come to market, but we are a ways off from when we will be seeing Optoma and InFocus use these chips I expect, and we still need Epson to come out with some LCD equivalents.

Nice step in the right direction!
$20K? No way! I'll guess it's higher. Projection design is really nice gear, but I wouldn't think of them as trend-setters on the pricing/value scale.

I'll guess its > $40K

I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
$20K? No way! I'll guess it's higher. Projection design is really nice gear, but I wouldn't think of them as trend-setters on the pricing/value scale.

I'll guess its > $40K
Yep, right on the button. Pricing announced yesterday that this model withOUT lens is $35,000 MSRP. Required additional lens will be $3000-$8000.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis