N

nicoleise

Junior Audioholic
Hi guys,

Browsing the forums, I don't really see anywhere to post/gather project/build threads (EDIT: Clarifying that I'm referring to the whole room/equipment setup in one thread, not e.g. isolated projects like building a subwoofer or a projector screen). I guess they could go in the gallery, but the description doesn't mention anything but finished systems.

Are project threads welcomed/liked/wanted here? And if so, where's one supposed to post them?

KR
Nicolai

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
The DIY corner sub forum would be the place for project/build threads.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi guys,

Browsing the forums, I don't really see anywhere to post/gather project/build threads. I guess they could go in the gallery, but the description doesn't mention anything but finished systems.

Are project threads welcomed/liked/wanted here? And if so, where's one supposed to post them?

KR
Nicolai
Is there anything in particular you are looking for? I generally post my builds and projects from over the years.

N

nicoleise

Junior Audioholic
Thank you both.

I should maybe clarify that I meant build/project threads for the whole home cinema/stereo build, possibly including the room itself and such. I'll edit and clarify the OP.

A Danish forum I occasionally catch up on has these threads and I find them to be great inspiration and while they often vary greatly in topic throughout the entire thread and thus can be a bit confusing, often these topics are relevant to other people doing similar projects and are "chronologically ordered" in relation to the build phases.

I like such threads and wouldn't mind contributing my own as well, but don't really see any such threads here. So I don't know whether they're actually wanted.

@TLS Guy - as for the specific (sub)projects, I don't quite know yet. Of the top of my head, I imagine things like DIY subwoofers, decoupling floor constructions, perhaps DIY power amps, perhaps some crossover rebuilding, etc. to become relevant along the way.

For example, I plan to gut out some older speakers I have, and build a custom enclosure in my ceiling with a slanted baffle, and I'm wondering if the crossovers in those are any good.

As another example, I hope to place both subwoofers and surround bed layer (except LCR) in wall niches, and and wondering about the sound of this (box-in-box, baffle, etc.).

I personally feel many of these items are best addressed in a project or build threads so both the writer and the reader doesn't have to start over explaining/reading all the same things again.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This is really the best place to post theater build threads.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis