T

tonedeaf

Audioholic
Hello everyone,I have a quick question.
Are the denon 4311-ci's still in production?
I called an electronics dealer over the weekend and he stated that they had the unit on backorder.
I want to go with this dealer because the price is ridiculously low,but I would question it as being a closed box unit.
I don't wan't to get stuck with a refurb.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
It is listed as the current gen on Denon's USA site. That said, if this dealer is not an authorized dealer, meaning, listed on Denon's site, you are not going to have warranty.

There is a model refresh coming soon. So, those in the market may be new stock and discounted to make room for the next line.

runswithscisors

runswithscisors

Audioholic
I'll just add that the last two digits in Denon's model number is the model year.

4311, 2011 model
4312, 2012 model
4308, 2008 model

Also, if you give the dealer you are dealing with others may chime in with experience with that particular dealer, such as a post a while back about Fry's peddling refurbs not tagged as such.

From a quick google search it looks like there are doubts about there being a 4312ci put out, and the 3312ci may end up as the flagship xx12 model, with the 4311 carrying over. Is Denons AVR-3312 the flagship 2012 model or are they bringing out a 4312 ?? | whathifi.com

I read somewhere on one of the American forums (so this is 5th hand rumour rather than confirmed fact) that the marketing/PR guy for Denon USA had said that 4xxx models upwards were traditionally made in Japan, whereas lesser models were made 'elsewhere' due to lower production costs (China?). A 4312 had been designed, but due to the disruption/devastation caused by the 2011 earthquake, wouldn't make it into production. I don't of course know how much truth there is in that (if any), but it sounds plausible.

Last edited:
T

tonedeaf

Audioholic
I'll just add that the last two digits in Denon's model number is the model year.

4311, 2011 model
4312, 2012 model
4308, 2008 model

Also, if you give the dealer you are dealing with others may chime in with experience with that particular dealer, such as a post a while back about Fry's peddling refurbs not tagged as such.

From a quick google search it looks like there are doubts about there being a 4312ci put out, and the 3312ci may end up as the flagship xx12 model, with the 4311 carrying over. Is Denons AVR-3312 the flagship 2012 model or are they bringing out a 4312 ?? | whathifi.com
Th dealer is electronic expo.
I've never dealt with them before.
I've read where some folks suspected newegg of the same thing.
They can repackage them to look brand new very easily.

runswithscisors

runswithscisors

Audioholic
I bought my Atrium 5s from Electronics Expo. I had a coupon code my cousin emailed me for "40% off site wide". Well that was bull, 40% off everything they were selling at full retail price was the actual truth. The speakers did come in sealed bags with warranty registration cards, and have been working great for three months now, but that first experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth. It'll have to be a heck of a deal before I ever go back to them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis