Problems with speakers and reciever

S

shwoogernaut

Audiophyte
I just bought a pair of Sony SS-B1000 for my Pioneer SX-2300. I hooked up one speaker (the right channel one) just fine. Clear sound, everything is good. However, I hook up the left channel speaker and at first it wasn't producing any sounds. I readjust the wire and it goes in. I turn on my receiver. The receiver starts clicking like crazy. I isolate the right channel and the clicking stops. I isolate the left channel and the clicking starts again. Is it my left speaker or is it an issue with my receiver?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
If you switch speakers and the problem follows the speaker, that's the problem. If the problem remains with the same channel, it's the receiver.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
From the description, it seems like it might be the wiring between the receiver and the left speaker. You'll want to make sure that there aren't any strands touching across the terminals at either the receiver end or the speaker end. If any strands are touching, they can cause a short - and that would cause the receiver to go into protection mode and start clicking.

It might be the receiver or speaker, but I'd start with the wiring. People on here run into that exact thing from time to time.

S

shwoogernaut

Audiophyte
Thanks guys I figured out the problem. I just trimmed the wire down a bit and that solved it. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis