Problem with Onkyo TX-NR646 speaker sound

C

carbuff

Enthusiast
I finished setting up a HT system for an elderly person in our home. It went well and I am now concentrating on changing the AVR located in the room that I use as a home office. I replaced the Pioneer AVR with a Onkyo TX-NR646.

The system consists of the same TV, BD and Center, Front, Rear and Sub-Woofer speakersused with the Pioneer. I simply moved the cables from the Pioneer to the Onkyo.

My initial mistake is that I did not setup the speakers first but instead setup the video. I then configured a Harmony remote. The video works as it had done using the Pioneer for TV, BD and my desktop PC. Sound eminates from the Front and Sub-Woofer speakers. It does not come out of the Center nor rear speakers. I first checked each cable connection and then the Onkyo setup. I could not locate the cause of the problem.

I have a Xonar DGX card on my PC. It’s software allows me to see graph representations and tone of sound emanating from speakers. The graph for Front speakers display and a tone shows for each. When I click on the Center speaker icon in the Xonar test app, the graphic displays on the Left Front speaker and the tone shows for that speaker, not the Center. Standing next to the center speaker I cannot hear any sound.

The two Rear Surround Speakers produce graphics showing sound but no tone is heard.

Since the devices and cables I am using are the same as were connected to my older Pioneer, I am at a loss as how to correct the problem.

HELP!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What happens when you run the Onkyo's AccuEQ setup?

C

carbuff

Enthusiast
First time I ran it, nothing positive happened. After reading your response, I decided to try it again.

The second time, each speaker DID produce audio that was acceptable.

Thanks for your response.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Glad you got it figured out....too bad Onkyo didn't keep Audyssey, that would be even better....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis