Problem with my Denon 4806 HDMI

ht_addict

ht_addict

Audioholic
My setup is connected as follows: Toshiba A1 to 4806 to Samsung 4051D via HDMI. I went to watch MI:3(HDDVD), turned everything on, but I don't get a video signal, just screen flashes and streaks. I've tried all 3 HDMI slots and nothing. I also have an Xbox360 hooked to the 4806 via component, so as to output through the HDMI. When I choose this input I get a picture but it flashes on and off. I'm thinking something has gone wrong with the HDMI board. Anyone else had this problem? I've tried both a reset as well as unplugging the unit over night to see if it would solve the problem. Still a no go. Since Denon now has the new boards in the 4806CI, anyone think I could get Denon to replace mine with one off these?

I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
How long are your HDMI cables?

From the DVD to the REC?

From the REC to the Display?

ht_addict

ht_addict

Audioholic
InTheIndustry said:
How long are your HDMI cables?

From the DVD to the REC?

From the REC to the Display?
HDMI cables are 1m(3.3ft) each. Connection is DVD to REC HDMI in to Display from 4806 HDMI out.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Did you re-checked the HDMI assigments on the setup menu?

There are quite a few procedures to be done, in order to properly get the HDMI signals working. I just got a 3806 and I think the procedures should be the same as on 4806 for the HDMI and mine was a no-brainer, since the very first time. Good luck anyway.

Cheers / Avliner.

ht_addict

ht_addict

Audioholic
avliner said:
Did you re-checked the HDMI assigments on the setup menu?

There are quite a few procedures to be done, in order to properly get the HDMI signals working. I just got a 3806 and I think the procedures should be the same as on 4806 for the HDMI and mine was a no-brainer, since the very first time. Good luck anyway.

Cheers / Avliner.
Checked and rechecked. Everything was working just fine till last night.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
I would then suggest you to get in touch with your dealer and/or Denon, to sort this matter out. Good luck & keep us posted.

Cheers / Avliner.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis