Pricey cables at Radio Shack

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Well, not high end audio kind of pricey but pricey for Radio Shack. I visited today for the first time in many years. I just wanted a 6 foot stereo interconnect audio cable to run from my recorder to my mixer. The cheapest one in the store was $25.00. I was floored. Radio Shack used to have pretty good cable prices. So I went to Target across the street. My 6' cable was just $5.99 there.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I hear ya. I bought an A/V cable from Radio Shack for some friends a year and a half ago for Christmas, and it was about $25. I think the store here had one level below that, but they definitely didn't have any real inexpensive cables. I also bought a nice inexpensive s-video cable for myself from Target.

The Target by me is right across of the parking lot from RS, so seems very similar to your set-up. Small world.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The Target by me is right across of the parking lot from RS, so seems very similar to your set-up. Small world.
Maybe you guys are neighbors and didn't know it;):D

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I still have a bunch of the excellent stereo cables they used to sell with the gold plated steel connectors. I just don't have a 6' version of it. Those gold plated interconnects were as nice as they could be. I'm sure they were only $6 or $8 in 3' lengths. Radio Shack has certainly changed. It used to be a good electronics parts store. Now it is a consumer toy store. Ah well. God love the internet.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like the same cables that I have from there. They are well made and weren't very expensive. My only complaint is that the gold connectors fit so tightly that (a) they can be difficult to get on and (b) they are darn near impossible to pull off - at least when my hand is contorted around a bunch of other wires as I reach behind my entertainment center. :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I still have a bunch of the excellent stereo cables they used to sell with the gold plated steel connectors. I just don't have a 6' version of it. Those gold plated interconnects were as nice as they could be. I'm sure they were only $6 or $8 in 3' lengths. Radio Shack has certainly changed. It used to be a good electronics parts store. Now it is a consumer toy store. Ah well. God love the internet.
Very true!
They've become too expensive for things, and you can find same stuff elsewhere, for cheap.
Reminds me of Sears, they have some of the highest prices, unless they have a sale.

audioman00

Audioholic
It's so funny to me that people bich so much about the price of cables, Would any of you buy a Corvette and have the cheaper tires put on it? I mean if you can afford a bdp, you can afford Monster cables!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis