Pre-pros / receivers with 2 hdmi outputs?

W

wiyosaya

Audioholic
In hopes of a future release of a blu-ray recorder or other digital recorder with an HDMI input, I am looking for pre-pro / receiver recommendations that have 2 hdmi outputs. Even better would be that if each output were independently assignable to a source so I could watch one source while recording from another. This is something that I have available on my Yamaha RX-V2500 for the analog recording outputs.

I know the Yamaha RX-V3900 and the Yamaha RX-Z7 have two hdmi outputs. The Z11 is out of my price range, as I am would not like to spend more than the $2,700 on the Z7.

So, does anyone have any suggestions as to pre-pros / receivers with 2 hdmi outputs? If so, do any of these allow you to watch independent sources from each hdmi output maybe as if you were using them in a zone?

Thanks in advance!

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Pre-Pro.... Integra.... I know it has 2 hdmi outs... not sure on the 2 separate sources out though....

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
The ones Warp mentions are the

Integra DTC - 9.8 and the new 9.9

also the Onkyo clone:

Onkyo Pro PR-SC885 and the new 886

These will sell for between 1200-1900 depending if you buy this years model or out of the US.

Neither of these wil ouput independent sources or even output both at the same time. The main use is for those with 2 displays (flat panel and projector) in the same room.

I think the Denon prepro can output both HDMI's at the same time but they will be the same source. This one is also several times more expensive.

W

wiyosaya

Audioholic
Thanks for the replies.

Both of the RX-V3900 and the RX-Z7 Yamahas will output hdmi simultaneously from the two outputs, however, it is from the same source. The Denon is out of my range.

So, I may be limited to getting the 3900 and a separate amp for some of the channels. I'm planning on getting a Paradigm Studio 100 7 channel speaker setup at some time in the future, and my thoughts are that with diminishing returns on 7 channel power in both the 3900 and the Z7 that having a separate amp for some or all of the channels might be the better way to go.

However, I am going to purchase the speakers first, so I have some time to consider alternative amp / pre-pro combinations. Maybe by the time I actually buy, there will be a pre/pro or receiver that will output two different sources from two different hdmi outputs, and, of course, a stand-alone Blu-ray recorder in the US market. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis