ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hey guys,

Carolyn's Mother had a heart attack yesterday morning. They discovered 100% blockage of her left coronary artery during CATH-LAB and couldn't get in there to unblock it. They said she is not a candidate for open heart surgery secondary to her age and health. They are going to try the Cath again on Monday with a different doctor. She also seems to be in an advanced stage of CHF.

Carolyn's father is in bad health and her Mom is the primary caregiver so this is going to be difficult.

Keep them in your thoughts when you talk to the big guy.

Thanks,

Greg

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
So sorry to hear, Greg. I'll be thinking good thoughts and sending positive vibes.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm also very sorry to hear, Greg. Prayers sent, and I hope for the best with all of you.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hey man. Keep positive thoughts and stay strong for Carolyn. We are all with you in thoughts and prayers.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Very sorry to hear it man. Sending them your way.

We went through something not unlike that with my grandparents. My grandfather was the primary caretaker for my grandmother and we all rallied around her and it sort of slipped by unnoticed that my grandfather had grown ill too because he kept it to himself while he cared for her as she was requiring a significant amount of care.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
May you breathe Your life into them now, So that each step they take is filled with Your faith. Prayer to her.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks guys. She had a good day yesterday but has been in A-Fib all all day today. Hopefully the CATH goes well tomorrow.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Prayers and best wishes.

Good luck with today's procedure… and the subsequent recovery :).

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Sorry to hear Greg, thoughts and prayers to you all in this tough sittuation

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Well it's been a great day and a horrible day.

We received a call at 12:30 am from Carolyn's sister. She stated that their brother just called 911 because his chest hurt and he couldn't breath. Cardiac enzymes were elevated when he arrived at the ER and he was having a heart attach. Mother and son were in the cath lab at the same time today.

They removed her blockage and 100% blood flow was restored through her left coronary artery. She looks great now and they said she can likely go home on Thursday.

Turns out that her brother didn't have a heart attack but his heart was very weak with an EF of 30% and some mitral valve regurg. We will know more after the ECO which will be tonight or in the morning.

The difficult part is that her Dad is basically bed-ridden with Alzheimer's and severe dementia and the brother is the primary care giver of both of them as he doesn't work. We are somewhat at a loss on how to care for all 3 of them, at home, so I proposed a plan to the family tonight- which they don't necessarily all agree with but it's the best I can come up with.

Mom: admit to LTAC hospital for 3 to 4 weeks.

Dad: Admit to in-home Hospice and resign it if a medical issue come up or after we have everything else settled in

Brother: We will take turns staying at the house and caring for him as he doesn't have insurance.

This plan allows the most hands that we can involve as we get through the early stage of all this.

Keep praying guys!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis