Powered Monitor Recommendations

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
My mother's second Crosley all-in-one record player broke down awhile back and I am thinking about getting her something decent but inexpensive to replace it. She is very minimalist and concerned with aesthetics.

Given those criteria (cheap, not ugly, and not too many wires or components), I am considering getting her a U-Turn turntable with a built in preamp. I was thinking about pairing them with a pair of powered monitors. So I am taking recommendations on those. I would love to get here a pair of Audiogenie A2+ in white, but I'm not sure I want to drop that kind of money. Any recommendations for less expensive options?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My mother's second Crosley all-in-one record player broke down awhile back and I am thinking about getting her something decent but inexpensive to replace it. She is very minimalist and concerned with aesthetics.

Given those criteria (cheap, not ugly, and not too many wires or components), I am considering getting her a U-Turn turntable with a built in preamp. I was thinking about pairing them with a pair of powered monitors. So I am taking recommendations on those. I would love to get here a pair of Audiogenie A2+ in white, but I'm not sure I want to drop that kind of money. Any recommendations for less expensive options?
The JBL 305's are still $99 shipped! So, a set would cost you only $198 shipped! It is going to be very hard to do better for the money. I have a brand new set and can tell you first hand that they sound very good! :):):) Best wishes.

Cheers,

Phil

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
Has anyone heard the Edifier R1280T? They are recommended on U-Turn's website.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Have not heard the Edifiers, but they sure do look nice. BTW, I forgot to provide you w/a link for the $99 JBL 305's w/free shipping:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR305

Keep in mind that the 305's may not be on sale at this price for much longer. Best wishes in making your decision. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis