Power Sound Audio XS-30

J

jbrown15

Audioholic Intern
Jman so you're saying the ULS-15 is a better sub then the XS15? Can you give us a little feed back on the two how the compare?

Last edited:
theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Jman so you're saying the ULS-15 is a better sub then the XS15? Can you give us a little feed back on the two how the compare?
I can't honest say if one is better then the other, nor will anyone else who attended be able to I'm afraid. The ULS15 was ailing and there was a setup issue, so we gave it a mulligan because of that. Since I'm the one who coordinated the XS15 giveaway with Tom Vodhanel I was really hoping to have the opportunity to compare it with the HSU and Rythmik.

The original thread you linked to was for the GTG itself, but the post party thread can be found here. That's were all of us left our impressions.

J

jbrown15

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for posting that link Jim, that's the one I wanted to originally link with my reply but I had forgot where it was. I was going to go with dual ULS-15s but in the end decided to go with dual XS30s from PSA just because of how great Tom has been to deal with.

I'm sure I'll be more then please with my decision.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for posting that link Jim, that's the one I wanted to originally link with my reply but I had forgot where it was. I was going to go with dual ULS-15s but in the end decided to go with dual XS30s from PSA just because of how great Tom has been to deal with.

I'm sure I'll be more then please with my decision.
Doubtful; the PSA subs are garbage.

JK! :D

If you're comparing the ULS15 to an XS30 then the latter would probably crush the former. I'm sure the HSU is a fine sub, but I just don't see how a single driver ULS could even compete with a dual driver XS.

pbc

pbc

Audioholic
Almost identical in size to my DIY's, I probably wouldn't have bothered building them had this sub been around back in 2009! Well, had it been around and available in a different finish anyhow. :eek:

T

Tom V.

Audioholic
Hi all,

Quick update, The entire first production run of the XS30s is sold out. We have an additional 60 cabinets arriving in mid January. We are trying to convince our cabinet vendor to do a few "7 day weeks" to ship us an additional 20-30 to tide us over but that has yet to be decided.

Thanks to all for the incredible support,

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

W

Wheatenterrier

Junior Audioholic
I sure hope you can get more I was going to call you tomorrow and buy 2.

T

Tom V.

Audioholic
I sure hope you can get more I was going to call you tomorrow and buy 2.
Call around 3-4pm Eastern Time if you can. I will have spoken with our vendor by then to see what he has planned. If the (3-4 week)wait isn't a huge deal you can still save the $200 by ordering on the pre-order.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hi all,

Quick update, The entire first production run of the XS30s is sold out. We have an additional 60 cabinets arriving in mid January. We are trying to convince our cabinet vendor to do a few "7 day weeks" to ship us an additional 20-30 to tide us over but that has yet to be decided.

Thanks to all for the incredible support,

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Congratulations on such a successful entry, and thanks for offering such competitive products!
PSA is doing a great job of quickly making a big name for itself!

T

Tom V.

Audioholic
Congratulations on such a successful entry, and thanks for offering such competitive products!
PSA is doing a great job of quickly making a big name for itself!

Thank you very much KEW. We may have under estimated demand for the XS30 *slightly*.

Unfortunately a new XS30 order will not ship out for 3-4 weeks. Our vendor won't be able to ship any additional XS30 enclosures this month. Steps are already being taken to ensure these types of outages are minimized in the future. I apologize to anyone who may have missed the first production run and now would be forced to wait.

Tom V.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis