J

jake5717

Audioholic
I recently acquired 2 Acoustic Research ARPR808 Subs (Thank you Speakerman39) and I’m having an issue with it going into power save mode. I only set up 1 because I don’t really have a need for 2 (I don’t think). I think because I play my system so low the sub goes on and off and every time it does I get a pop from it. I haven’t tried substituting the other sub to see if maybe it’s a problem with the hardware. Does anyone have any suggestions to keep this thing on?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
If you are playing it so low that the sub isnt getting a signal did you really need a sub?

Have you tried turning down the gain on the sub and turning it up on the AVR?

N

Nuglets

Full Audioholic
Yeah it sounds like your problem is with the gain. Make sure the gain in the receiver's sub-out is at least at 0dB, if it' there already crank it up a few dB and turn the gain down on the sub itself to compensate.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
There isnt really a need for the sub all the time I just dont want to have it make the popping noise every few min.

Ok tonight Ill try adjusting the gain and report back tomorrow
Thanks!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
There isnt really a need for the sub all the time I just dont want to have it make the popping noise every few min.

Ok tonight Ill try adjusting the gain and report back tomorrow
Thanks!
Or, don't use the auto mode but on and just turn it off with the system.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
If two subs are used properly I think you will find their can be quite a bit more excitement.:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If two subs are used properly I think you will find their can be quite a bit more excitement.:D
Even at lower levels. If the subs have R&L inputs, you can try using a Y splitter and go to both of them. This will increase the voltage the sub "sees" on the input side.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
Sorry if I may have caused some confusion, but I only have 1 of the subs hooked up right now. I figure since I hardly use 1 there’s no reason to use the other one.

I tried the prescribed method of turning up the AVR and turning down the gain on the sub and I didn't pop on and off as much. So I thank you all.

I’m sure having 2 subs hooked up would create better distribution of bass but do you guys think at such low levels I would even notice a difference?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you have room for the second sub, I would at least try it out. I do think you will notice a difference, though if they are not located near each other, you will have to do a more careful calibration of the two together.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis