Power Conditioners?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I just ordered the H15 pretty much for a similar reason. We had a large storm blow through Tuesday night without much warning (you know the type, nothing to everything in 10 seconds). After watching our nice big rear projection dlp flicker off and on a couple of times, I decided I was going to get something. The mailer from the audioholics store this morning sealed the deal. I'm thinking about putting a cheap battery backup between the H15 and the tv to help during total power outages to give me time to shut the tv down... not sure how smart this would be though.
A UPS is a must IMO for displays. you should be fine plugging a UPS into a H15 just make sure not to overload the circute(in honor of my physics prof). He always called them Cir-cutes(I think he loved electricity a little too much)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I just ordered the H15 pretty much for a similar reason. We had a large storm blow through Tuesday night without much warning (you know the type, nothing to everything in 10 seconds). After watching our nice big rear projection dlp flicker off and on a couple of times, I decided I was going to get something. The mailer from the audioholics store this morning sealed the deal. I'm thinking about putting a cheap battery backup between the H15 and the tv to help during total power outages to give me time to shut the tv down... not sure how smart this would be though.
You mean you didn't have any warning? When a storm is coming I always watch it come in from my porch.:D Last year I watched a core form and go over my friends apartment. That was amazing. One the greatest experiences of my life. It's all hailing and then bam a circle with nothing it but cloud rotation. Sadly it dropped a tornado a little later and killed some guy loading wood in his truck.

N

niget2002

Junior Audioholic
Not a lot of warning. The news that morning mentioned rain for the evening. When we got home from work, we cooked dinner and then sat down to a nice movie.

It's hard to notice the clouds moving in when 6 speakers full of gunshots are going off around your head :) First warning that the rain was more than just a shower was a large lightening strike followed shortly by the tv clicking on and off.

I know a power conditioner won't stop the tv from shutting off in this case, but I'm hoping the large transients will pop the breaker on the H15.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis