Power Conditioner for under $400?

B

boe

Audioholic
I noticed my Monster power conditioner makes a slight buzz even when none of my attached equipment is on. I think the cable tv conditioner in it is poor. I live in an apartment with pretty bad brown outs so I can't do much about rewiring. If you were to buy a line conditioner for under $400 - which would you get?

D

DahDee

Enthusiast
I suggest you seriously consider the Belkin PureAV PF60; although the MSRP is $749 it *can* be found at an online authorized dealer for approx. $330 shipped right now.

Here's the Belkin product page for the PF60: Belkin PureAV PF60

Here's a recent review of the PF60: PF60 review

Some specs from the Belkin website for those too lazy to click the links :p :

• Level 4 Power Protection
• Phase 6 PureFilter™ Circuitry with isolated Digital, Video, Audio and HiCurrent™ Filters
• Advanced Overvoltage Protection
• Central LCD Control Panel allows you to monitor voltage and current from individual outlet banks
• Programmable outlet banks allow you to set switched and delay functionality for each outlet bank
• Console design fits perfectly in your Home Theater cabinet
• 2 HiCurrent™ Outlets for high-power amplifiers
• Network Protection (RJ45) for Media Streamer Support
• Lifetime Warranty
• $500,000 Connected Equipment Warranty
• 13 Outlets including convenient front auxiliary outlet
• 2 Line telephone/pay-per-view protection with splitter
• 7114 Joules of Surge Protection
• 369,000 Amp Maximum Spike Amperage
• 4 Pairs of Gold Coaxial Connections for coaxial cable line protection
• Heavy Duty 12' SD1000 HiCurrent™ Power Cord (12AWG) with right angle plug

Picture from the Belkin website:

B

boe

Audioholic
Thanks

I like most belkin products I buy so this seems like an option - too bad it doesn't come in black!

cbecker33

cbecker33

Audioholic
panamax

Try giving Panamax a look. They seem to have a good rep, I'm looking to buy one myself.

-chris

W

Westrock2000

Junior Audioholic
I have used Furman Conditioners for years. They are meant for Pro-Audio type stuff, and you can usually find them at places like Guitar Center for ~$100

There nothing special or fancy looking, just conditioner with about 8 plugs on the back. One cool thing is the lights that pull out, because you can put these on top of the rack and they can shine some subtle light on your equipement so you can still see them and not have to turn on the room lights.

I've had two for about 6 years and they still work fine. I think the newer ones have LED's instead of little bulbs in those pull out lights.

Course their small enough that you can lean them against a wall behind your gear, or slide it under a couch even.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis