power cable on my onkyo receiver

M

modenar1

Audioholic Intern
i have an old Onkyo AV controller Amp. and i wanted to changed the power cord on it. but my amp comes with power cord attachment straight to the circuit board. is there anyway i can change the power cord on this reciever. please give me your thoughts. here are a few pictures to show the connection of my pwoer cord to circuit board.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Personally. I wouldn't bother but of you go that route, Do it right. Just solder it directly to the PCB. You don't want any nasty plugs polluting all those pristine volts, do you?

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
With...

i have an old Onkyo AV controller Amp. and i wanted to changed the power cord on it. but my amp comes with power cord attachment straight to the circuit board. is there anyway i can change the power cord on this reciever. please give me your thoughts. here are a few pictures to show the connection of my pwoer cord to circuit board.
...what possible purpose? You have probably already voided any warranty you may have by opening the unit, subjected yourself to potential electric shock and will achieve ab-so-lute-ly nothing by changing the cord...unless of course it's damaged in some way and needs replacement...for which I'd contact Onkyo for an exact OEM-spec'd part BTW...

jimHJJ(...and after all, it's only HT...)

[

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis