Post some pics...The most beautiful loudspeakers

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Love to see some exotic woods, extravagant or simple designs. Not sonic purity...just eyecandy, don't care who makes it.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have always been partial to the Quad ESL 57. First demonstrated in 1955 and introduced to market 1957. It was a total revelation. A good working pair will still cost you a small fortune on eBay or Audiogon.

Doesn't look like a design over half a century old, does it?

I'm also keen on the speakers in my signature, but that's designer bias. No exotic woods, just red oak.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

This is also a good looking speaker.

The ATC EL 150 active speaker. $81,250 per pair.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I'm also keen on the speakers in my signature, but that's designer bias. No exotic woods, just red oak.
Those are amazing to look at. I'm having my Song Towers made in oak.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've always liked the looks of these from a function point of view. These are made by Gershwin, a Canadian manufacturer, model is the "GAP 828"

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Another one I like are these from Hansen. called the King.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Those scream 'Mid-Century Modern'.
No other speaker looked like that back then! It had to look that way pretty much, so form followed function. I guess the whole thing was modern, you would not be short changed listening to a pair now, in fact they still have a big following.

E

enbepe

Audiophyte
I well remember a pair of these sitting in my school music room and they sounded impressive then. Must have been a serious bit of expenditure for a school back in the early sixties but then we didn't really think about that aspect at such a tender age!

D

dreamwrx

Audiophyte
Droooool

Wilson Boulder

Sonus Faber Stradivari

:D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
alcy

alcy

Audioholic Intern
^^Those look downright scary man !

Anyway here's a few:

I am not sure if the guy has done some driver/electronics work there, but they sure as hell look good (the guy is primarily a sculptor).

SOURCE

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't find those beautiful. These aren't great either, but I appreciate their simplicity:

I personally like these:

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis