Post limit before new threads?

Sometimes people send us emails but they use a different email account (than they registered with) and don't give us their user name... I'm guessing you fell into that category. I took care of it for you.

HOSS

HOSS

Enthusiast
newone88 said:
Hi, I'm having the same problem here.
I can reply to messages but I can't start new topic. It says that my account need activation.
There is nothing in my spam filter.
I even tried to see if I get any emails from this site and requested a password reminded but nothing came to my inbox or my spam folder.
Any idea why?
Same problem with me. Just my two cents here, but I was wondering why a lot of the threads here have been hijacked by multiple questions. I think now I figured it out with the post limit rules. You try to read one thread with a topic that applies to your situation, and three other questions are being asked throughout the responses. Nothing like reading through pages of replies before finding your answer. Maybe it's that I'm just not used to this format in a forum.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
You cannot start new threads until you are registered. Registration is in two parts. The first part is filling out the form. After you do that, under your name it will say "Awaiting Registration". You must respond to the automated email confirming your registration before you are fully registered. At that point, you can post new threads. Some of the larger free email services (such as Hotmail) interfere with these confirmation emails (and yet you still get spam, go figure). Try changing your email address to something else if you are not getting your confirmation email.

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Why, oh cruel spam filter! Why!

newone88 said:
Hi, I'm having the same problem here.
I can reply to messages but I can't start new topic. It says that my account need activation.
There is nothing in my spam filter.
what do yah know, I'm not the only one.
I'm still wating for my activtion E-mail. one E-mail adress; nothing in the spam filter.

anyone else want to start a suport groop for people with bad spam filters? :D

Muffin Man

Audiophyte
Clint DeBoer said:
You weren't fully registered (probably spam blocker caught the follow-up email). I fixed it for you. You still need a certain amount of posts before being able to use the Classifieds. It's reserved for regular forum users and helps keep out spam.
Hi Clint,
My confirmation email also hasn't reached me. Can you please either resend it or fix up my login/account please? I've been trying to figure out what's going on. An option on the User CP to re-send a confirmation email would be good if possible?

Cheers,
Muffin Man

F

fourwheels0

Audioholic Intern
ya i'm trying to post but can't. i've been registered here since 2006 but have not been on in a while. how many posts do i need before i can post in forums or for sale section.

OttoMatic

OttoMatic

Senior Audioholic
ya i'm trying to post but can't. i've been registered here since 2006 but have not been on in a while. how many posts do i need before i can post in forums or for sale section.
I think it's 25 for ads. Not sure how many you need to be able to start a thread.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Hi Clint,
My confirmation email also hasn't reached me. Can you please either resend it or fix up my login/account please? I've been trying to figure out what's going on. An option on the User CP to re-send a confirmation email would be good if possible?

Cheers,
Muffin Man
AH, The Muffin Man,i gather that your choice of usernames came from the Zappa song Muffin Man,am i right,im a huge FZ fan & have his entire collection.

Question,have you read the liner notes to Muffin Man & are you aware what that song is all about???

A line from the song.

Girl ....you thought he was a man but he only was a puffin,the cry's in the night was a result of him stuffin:D

F

fourwheels0

Audioholic Intern
ottomatic thank you thats what i was looking for.

You need 5 posts to PM and create links or add attachments... I cant limit thread creation unless I want the forums to tick off new users looking for help - who will likely just post off topic questions in other threads.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
You need 5 posts to PM and create links or add attachments... I cant limit thread creation unless I want the forums to tick off new users looking for help - who will likely just post off topic questions in other threads.
Can you do it to one person, say... Buckeye Nut?

SheepStar

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Can you do it to one person, say... Buckeye Nut?

SheepStar
But then whom would start all the political threads about Democracy? ;) Never let it be said that you do not speak your mind Sheep, even if it is in a roundabout way.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
But then whom would start all the political threads about Democracy? ;) Never let it be said that you do not speak your mind Sheep, even if it is in a roundabout way.
Forums are not democracy's.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis