DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Anyone else have a chance to see Poseidon yet? My wife and myself went to the 4:15 viewing on Monday, maybe 10 people in the theater. We enjoyed it quite a bit, great visual effects during the [*****SPOILER ALERT******] roll over:) , good basic disaster fun. It was actually in one of the DTS theaters, sound was decent, but the best sound came from the Superman Returns preview. Pretty impressive.

majorloser

majorloser

Rented it last night

I know the movie got poor rating when it was in the theaters, but both loserwife and I really enjoyed it. Plenty of action and a really good soundtrack. Lots of LFE!!!

(The new amps really shined)

J

JES14

Audioholic
Mmmmmmmmm, lfe goooood.:D Especially with SVS added to system.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Honestly, I thought the original was pretty bad... It's a great story concept, it just didn't seem to pan out. After I read the reviews for the newer version, all relatively bad, I just have had no interest in seeing it.

On a similar note, I bought the Tom Cruise edition of War of the Worlds on dvd for $5. It was ok at best. I picked it up because of the lfe I had heard about and considering rentals were only $0.50 less, I decided to buy it. For the price I am happy with the cost/benefit ratio but really wouldn't do the same for Poseidon. I don't need another lfe movie that I'll only use to show off my system. One of my friends already gave me U571, it is way better with a decent sub, but again, not a good movie, IMO.

Jack

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I was pleasantly surprised. Decent story. A lot of saying, "Yeah right. That could happen." But it was entertaining. Pretty good sound. Definitely worth a rental. Don't know if I'd buy it though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis