TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
i was looking to buy these speakers
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-In-Ceiling-install-Speakers-Tweeters/dp/B0030CPJPG
for a porch and was wondering what amp would be best with them and would be easy to use with an iPhone. My budget is around $500 for the amp.

I did find this amp but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Most of the reviews were pretty bad.
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V677-7-2-channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B00ILCS182

Hi! Change your search to 'Yamaha Outdoor Speakers' that will find you what you need. I assume you are choosing inceiling models thinking that will protect the speaker, but even the woofer cone needs to be optimized for humidity and winter!

If you are wanting to throw a grand at porch speakers, surely you have some level of a home theater in your home, no? Why not use the zone 2/3 off your receiver for this? Or if you have an older receiver, then kill two birds with one stone and upgrade so that you have multiple zones.

Still on Amazon, do a search for Denon, Yamaha, or Marantz discontinued receivers. There's dozens available, and guess what, they're better than whats coming out currently due to the lack of Atmos integration! Unless you want to pay for 11 speakers in one room, I suggest buying the discontinued models that fit your needs!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Keep in mind that when using AVR's for "multiple speaker sets" they are not designed for that. When using an "all channel stereo" mode, particularly when the sets are in different rooms, both "sets" won't get the same information. So, it won't be like two sets of stereo speakers. It'll be four different channels.

But, if al four speakers are in the same room, it should fill the room with sound.

S

Steve1314

Audiophyte
Which one of the two amps above would you suggest if they are all in one room

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I tend to have a bias towards Denon since mine has been running, without a problem, since 2003.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis