Popping noises from rear speakers - Rocketfish issue?

K

kmcorolla15

Audioholic Intern
I have a weird issue with my rear speakers. I'm running a set of Polk T15s as rears, hooked up to a Rocketfish wireless setup connected to a newer Onkyo receiver. Even when the system is off (the Rocketfish is on still connected), there is an intermittent single pop from the rear speakers.

Not sure if this is affecting anything, but I have another Rocketfish system on a Denon receiver in my office (opposite side of the wall from the living room), but that one appears to be working fine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd suspect the rocketfish stuff for sure. Try connecting the speakers directly to the avr just to rule them out, or just turn the rocketfish off?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a weird issue with my rear speakers. I'm running a set of Polk T15s as rears, hooked up to a Rocketfish wireless setup connected to a newer Onkyo receiver. Even when the system is off (the Rocketfish is on still connected), there is an intermittent single pop from the rear speakers.

Not sure if this is affecting anything, but I have another Rocketfish system on a Denon receiver in my office (opposite side of the wall from the living room), but that one appears to be working fine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Did you select large or small speakers in the menu? Do you use a subwoofer? If so, you need to select the low frequency cutoff for all speakers and if you don't use a sub, you can still select Yes for that and set the crossover frequency for the speakers where it's needed. Also, check the LFE+Main setting for options.

Is this pop on bass notes? If so, make sure the speakers can't receive low bass frequencies.

Have you read the receiver's manual?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
For intermittent problems like this a process of elimination is best by swapping out components. If it's not too much trouble, swap the two Rocketfish devices and see if the problem follows the device. If it occurs when the system is off, then you have pretty much narrowed it down to the Rocketfish, though. The question becomes whether the pop is coming from the transceiver or the powered receiver. You can power off the transmitter and see if the pop still occurs with just the receiving unit on.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis