Popping noise in subs?

• Thread starter cameron paterson
  • Start date
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
So I added ground loop isolators to my subwoofers and the hum is gone that was there. But now theres popping every 20 minutes or so. Can the popping mess up my subwoofers for good?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
It's your amplifier and whatever stuff you have it plugged into most likely. I guess you never tracked down the source of the ground loop...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So I added ground loop isolators to my subwoofers and the hum is gone that was there. But now theres popping every 20 minutes or so. Can the popping mess up my subwoofers for good?
Is the subwoofer on the same circuit as the rest of the system? Make sure the hot & neutral aren't reversed in any outlet that's being used for the system.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes it will damage them. I told you not to use ground loop isolators. You are impossible to help as you don't take advice, and the advice of the experienced at that.

I have already told you in detail how to handle your problem, now just do it and stop these tiresome posts. When you have followed advice, then we can talk again. Until then you are on your own.

PatrickBlossom

PatrickBlossom

Audiophyte
The popping sound you are experiencing after installing ground loop isolators could be caused by a number of factors, including a faulty connection or a power surge. It is unlikely that this popping sound will damage your subwoofers in the long term, but it is possible that it could cause short-term damage if it is caused by a sudden surge of power.
To troubleshoot the issue, you may want to try disconnecting the ground loop isolators temporarily to see if the popping sound goes away. If it does, then the issue is likely related to the ground loop isolators, and you may need to investigate further to determine the root cause of the problem.
In general, it is important to monitor any unusual sounds coming from your subwoofers and to address them promptly to avoid any potential damage. If you are unsure of how to troubleshoot the issue, it may be a good idea to consult with a professional or an experienced audio technician for assistance.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Patrick Blossom: Why would it not cause long term damage but short term damage?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis