pop through speakers

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
I am getting a pop through my speakers when the DVR turns on. At first I thought it might be the Reciever, but this does not happen when it is used for other sources, The Directv DVR runs through a DVDO Edge. Any thoughts. At first I was worried that I might be getting DC current through my drivers?
BMW

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I am getting a pop through my speakers when the DVR turns on. At first I thought it might be the Reciever, but this does not happen when it is used for other sources, The Directv DVR runs through a DVDO Edge. Any thoughts. At first I was worried that I might be getting DC current through my drivers?
BMW
It will be the DVR or the edge unit. Connect your DVR Direct to your receiver and see if you still get a pop on turn on. If you do the delay circuit in the DVR has failed. Most power supplies let out a pop on turn on, so there is generally is a slight delay from turn on to output connection.

If it only occurs with the edge, then there is an incompatibility between those two devices, with digital noise at turn on.

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
By the way, this is a relatively new experience. I am using about a 12 yr. old Onkyo DS838 Receiver. Hoping to update soon to Anthem.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

By the way, this is a relatively new experience. I am using about a 12 yr. old Onkyo DS838 Receiver. Hoping to update soon to Anthem.
I don't care what it is. Did you carry out the experiment I asked? If so, what was the result?

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
Have not had time for the experiment. Will do do this week end. By the way, if the pop is produced by the DVR or the Edge, is that harmful DC current?
Thanks!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Have not had time for the experiment. Will do do this week end. By the way, if the pop is produced by the DVR or the Edge, is that harmful DC current?
Thanks!
No, but if its loud it can damage speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis