Poll: Piano Black or Black Vinyl on SB12 Plus

Poll: Piano Black or Black Vinyl on SB12 Plus

• Total voters
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Poll: Piano Black or Black Vinyl on SVS SB12 Plus?

Piano Black Advantages:
looks nicer (looks expensive)
magnetic grill holders

Black Vinyl Advantages:
cheaper
no fingerprints

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Go with the vinyl, and put the money you save towards other gear.

B

bane1202

Audioholic Intern
Id go with the vinyl if it will be anywhere close to the display. Watching a movie in a dark room the piano finish reflects like a mirror and the speckled surface and semi-matte finish of the vinyl produces much less glare

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Id love to vote on this, but I simply cant. Im trying to make the same decsion as you. It looks SOOOO nice in piano black. Damn it why did they have to make it hard.

Sean

A

Alowe

Audiophyte
Id go with the vinyl if it will be anywhere close to the display. Watching a movie in a dark room the piano finish reflects like a mirror and the speckled surface and semi-matte finish of the vinyl produces much less glare
I ordered the vinyl for this very reason. Also, to save myself a few clams.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You don't lose the parametric eq on the vinyl finish, so yet another reason to not spend extra.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I don't like Piano black finishes because I feel they are too shiny and fingerprints are easily visible. I intend to buy the Rosenut version which costs a bit more but is more 'decor friendly'.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
no needs ... but want!

I wish I could buy the colored versions, but different brands have different "interpretations" of wood colors. Even different series from the same manufacturer have different manifestations of the same wood color.
e.g. walnut has about 10 thousand color variations. (sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing against cherry)

I really really wish they put the magnetic grill holder on the vinyl too.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I voted for Piano gloss simply because I like it. I don't think I would actually buy it, but I like it.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I went with the black vinyl. Mainly for the price. But the GF liked it better too.
Have you seen the black vinyl? It hardly looks cheap. No fake wood grain or anything.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Option 3.

Don't buy any more equipment until you actually can hear a difference.

Mike, you need to stop throwing money away into your system and actually start listening to it. Try re-arranging the speakers, or adjust the height or something. Buying yet another subwoofer isn't going to make your system any better unless it's a matching subwoofer to one you currently own.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Option 3.

Don't buy any more equipment until you actually can hear a difference.

Mike, you need to stop throwing money away into your system and actually start listening to it. Try re-arranging the speakers, or adjust the height or something. Buying yet another subwoofer isn't going to make your system any better unless it's a matching subwoofer to one you currently own.

SheepStar
but but but ...

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
umm, buy first ... figure out where to put in later. :)

I'm actually considering getting duals, setting the fronts to large, set the variable crossover high, voila ... left and right booming bass!

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
you know you could buy one SB12 Plus in the standard black, and send it to me :D Espically seeing as how I have NO subs and you have 2 MONSTERS already

Sean

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
an opinion from some other people mentions that if the subwoofer is gonna be anywhere near the screen/display ... is to just get the vinyl to minimize the reflections from the screen.

B

bane1202

Audioholic Intern
fyi the vinyl on the sub is substantially different from the vinyl on your beta 50's (I have beta 50's also)... the infinitys have a cheapy quasi-woodgrain look to them but the sub is more of a speckled consistent look.. kind of like if you took sand and painted over it.. that being said you already have 2 awesome subs and you probably won't notice the difference... now maybe the new ultra drivers will be worth an upgrade but the 12.3 ones won't give you your moneys worth in a difference

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
There is a SB12 in black vinly on B stock right now.... just snatch it up and save even more.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis