J

jimale

Audiophyte
need a 5.0 system for my samsung 51pnd6500 tv, with a samusung bd d5500 blue ray, a pioneer vsx820 recevier and pioneer sw 8 powered subwoofer. Currently running some old phillips speaker system i inherited from my stepson, but ithink new speakers might finish theis really nicely. Okay, i'm looking at Fluance, 4 x avb2 and an avsc center vs/ a Polk Tl250 5.0 system. my room is pretty mall, probally 12 x 12 feet.

your thoughts are appreceiated. now, back to Roy Obison and the Black and White!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't heard either the Fluance or Polks so I can't really comment to those. I would suggest that in that price range you also consider

Infinity Primus - Brands > Infinity > Infinity Primus Speakers at Audioholics Store

NHT Super Zero - Best Bookshelf Speakers Online | Home Stereo Bookshelf Speaker Reviews

Pioneer - SP-BS41-LR - Bookshelf Loudspeakers | Pioneer Electronics USA

Energy Take 5 Classic - Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater System - Overview
This system would be much better:
Jamo S606HCS3 S 606 HCS 3 5.0 speaker system (S 606 HCS 3) at Vanns.com

I think you should also get Monoprice 12" sub - they are dirt cheap - $85
They also sell 5.0 systems - but I have not idea if they are any good
NHT, Pioneer, Jamo are all good speakers as well.:D

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I would sell the Pioneer sub - and add Martin Logan to the list
Amazon.com: MartinLogan MLT-2 Home Theater System (Black): Electronics

The Infinity Primus Pack
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108PT5PIIB/Infinity-Primus-Theater-5-pack-II.html?search=infinity+primus
And I would choose the Infinity sub in Post #4, over the Pioneer sub

The Boston CS26 are only $60 each
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/CS-26-Bookshelf-Speaker-Refurbished-P835.aspx

I am not a fan of 8" subs - however, this is the only one that I would half way think about.
Outlaw
http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/m8.html

Last edited:
L

laalvarezm

Audiophyte
I would go with the infinty primus, they look great

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
Fluance speakers are cheap for a reason. The crossovers are terrible and are at extremely baffling frequencies. I don't think their dynamics is going to be very good.

O

ObsceneJesster

Audioholic Intern
Fluance speakers are cheap for a reason. The crossovers are terrible and are at extremely baffling frequencies. I don't think their dynamics is going to be very good.
Actually, their crossovers are the best thing going for their speaker. I just read a detailed review on them a couple months ago and this was one of the things mentioned.

S

speakerdoo

Enthusiast
Do not buy Fluance....absolutely no resale value, no one wants to buy it used. I want to upgrade but cannot get rid of the Fluance. It will probably end up at goodwill!

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
I get a big kick out of people saying don't buy Fluance and they never even heard them or own them. For what they charge for them what do you expect? I have heard them and for the money ther are good for someone who is really budget restricted. Now I am not saying you can't get better for the money because I haven't heard much in that price range but to just say they suck without even hearing them is comical to me. Some people aren't looking for audiophile quality with a restricted budget and if they are then they will be very disapointed. I seem to remember a review. http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/loudspeakers/71969-fluance-sx-htb-5-0-speaker-system-review.html?highlight=fluance

Last edited:
A

airalex

Audiophyte
I'm using the Fluance AVBP2 for surrounds and for the price I like them a lot.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Yep those Pioneers are quite the speaker in their price range!!

Andy knows what hes doing & it shows with both the cabinet quality & sound of these bookshelves. (Andy Jones designed them)

All the speakers in this series are very pleasing to listen to. The wholesaler i deal with has the 5.0 package for $250 (2towers, 2books & center) My buddy is saving up to get that package & i told him to get a sub from HSU. He's gonna have a sleeper system for sure.

To get curved cabinets at this price is rad!

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
I will say that Fluance offers a lifetime warranty on parts and labor for their speakers which for the amount they charge for their speakers isn't bad. So if your cash strapped it isn't a bad deal, Just my 2 cents. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis