Polk Rt12 Vs klipsch Rp-250

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
Good day fellas. Light rain in New York and day to stay home and watch movies or shows. Anyway, I still have my Polks Rti12 & Rti6. I been offered a good deal. Klipsch Rp-280, Rp-440C & Rp-240s. All half the price and brand new in box. Should I jump on it or stick to my Polks.

System
LG Oled55C6p
Samsung BD j7500f
Egreat A10 Android Box
Mac Mini server
Alsis Deq 830 digital Spectrum eq
Carver Mt-1.5 2 channel
Emotiva UPA 500 5 channel
Lexicon MC-12
SVS Ultra 13

nova

nova

Full Audioholic
I'd jump on it. See which you like best and sell the other. I've never heard your Polk's but I suspect the Klipsch's may be a bit better.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I would jump all over it, of course I'm partial to Klipsch plus these new generation RP's are much smoother, clean and detailed with excellent punch and you can drive them with anything.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Definitely go with the klipsch. I'm a fan of both brands but klipsch makes a much better, more accurate speaker.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
I have the RP 440 c and it is a great center channel. Really puts out a lot of full bass even though they are only 4" drivers. I believe that is due to the depth of the enclosure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
I have the RP 440 c and it is a great center channel. Really puts out a lot of full bass even though they are only 4" drivers. I believe that is due to the depth of the enclosure.

That's right. I took that one home and the sound from the drivers is amazing. I was listening to a music and the first time I heard finger tapping in that song. Amazing clarity and sound stage. Can' wait to complete my purchase with the fronts and surround..

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
Thank you guys for your contribution. I took the RP-440C home and I'm amazed at it's performance. Speakers really make a difference. Can't wait to complete the whole setup. Anyway I'm contemplating between the RP-160M and RP-240S for my surrounds. I see the RP-240 have two speakers pointing towards different directions. Any suggestions?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I *think* RP 240s are bipole speakers, usually meant for strictly surround duties. I prefer regular monopole speakers like the 160s for surrounds. They're a little more versatile than bipoles if you ever want to replace or retire them for a small 2.1 stereo setup down the road.

Just my opinion. Lots of folks use bipole speakers for their better dispersion with surround duties.

*Edited for accuracy. Hard to find whether they're bipole or dipole looking at their site.

Last edited:
Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I *think* RP 240s are bipole speakers, usually meant for strictly surround duties. I prefer regular monopole speakers like the 160s for surrounds. They're a little more versatile than bipoles if you ever want to replace or retire them for a small 2.1 stereo setup down the road.

Just my opinion. Lots of folks use bipole speakers for their better dispersion with surround duties.

*Edited for accuracy. Hard to find whether they're bipole or dipole looking at their site.
I use RS-52's for rear back surround duty and R-14M's for side surround, I like this combo and it gives me the ability to use the R-14M's for height speakers in the future if I want to try that out. Believe it or not the RS-52's sound awesome when they're called for.

Rear.JPG

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
I use RS-52's for rear back surround duty and R-14M's for side surround, I like this combo and it gives me the ability to use the R-14M's for height speakers in the future if I want to try that out. Believe it or not the RS-52's sound awesome when they're called for.

View attachment 20482
You are right. I don't have enough room so I should be fine with the RP-160M

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
You are right. I don't have enough room so I should be fine with the RP-160M
I have a pair of RP-160M's in front wide positions, they sound incredible, you won't be disappointed in them.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you guys for your contribution. I took the RP-440C home and I'm amazed at it's performance. Speakers really make a difference. Can't wait to complete the whole setup. Anyway I'm contemplating between the RP-160M and RP-240S for my surrounds. I see the RP-240 have two speakers pointing towards different directions. Any suggestions?
If you ever plan on using atmos you should stick to monopoles.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
Thank you all for the advice. I have finally setup my Klipsch Rp-280F fronts, Center Rp-450c, And Surrounds Rp-160m. Initially I bought the Rp-440c for my center. The 450c was too expensive for me. Luckily I was browsing and saw a store was selling it for less than what my store was and I went to my manager and he did a price match for me. So i exchanged the 440c for the 450 and the difference i paid is $21.00 only!!! Hahahaa lucky me. Everything half the price. I love the looks and the bottom base support of the speakers. Was listening to Chris Jones songs. "long After you Gone, Creole Girl, and i was amazed at the sound. The Lexicon MC-12 sound was sweeter than the Sony Ta-e9000es. I couldn't push it because it was late and don't want to disturb my neighbors. I Can easily tell the difference between the Klipsch and the Polk Rti12s, Polk is going for sale. I turned off the Svs ultra 13 sub off and i couldn't believe what i was hearing. Can't wait to get home early tomorrow and my vacation starts on the 11th. I will make sure the speakers break in on Friday or Saturday. Thank you once again guys

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Thank you all for the advice. I have finally setup my Klipsch Rp-280F fronts, Center Rp-450c, And Surrounds Rp-160m. Initially I bought the Rp-440c for my center. The 450c was too expensive for me. Luckily I was browsing and saw a store was selling it for less than what my store was and I went to my manager and he did a price match for me. So i exchanged the 440c for the 450 and the difference i paid is $21.00 only!!! Hahahaa lucky me. Everything half the price. I love the looks and the bottom base support of the speakers. Was listening to Chris Jones songs. "long After you Gone, Creole Girl, and i was amazed at the sound. The Lexicon MC-12 sound was sweeter than the Sony Ta-e9000es. I couldn't push it because it was late and don't want to disturb my neighbors. I Can easily tell the difference between the Klipsch and the Polk Rti12s, Polk is going for sale. I turned off the Svs ultra 13 sub off and i couldn't believe what i was hearing. Can't wait to get home early tomorrow and my vacation starts on the 11th. I will make sure the speakers break in on Friday or Saturday. Thank you once again guys
Was there a huge difference going from the RP-440 to the 450?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'm guessing you haven't watched a movie yet ?
He really needs to get on that. I have been waiting here ever since April of last year waiting for his update. My life has been on pause this entire time. I really need him to update us on this so I can move on with my life. This is getting ridiculous!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis