Polk PSW10 Vs PSW202?

H

hendo

Audiophyte
Hi Guys

I'm looking at the PSW10 but the dealer has a PSW202 also. Anyone know which is better? Thanks.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
How much are they? Anything over $100 and you should look at something else....

SheepStar

H

hendo

Audiophyte
They are the same price.(NZ$450) But in New Zealand we pay way more than rest of world - Geographics / Market size.

Just interested to hear if there are any differences - I'm wanting a sub that is more music orientated but also will get some HT use. I am on a budget.

They will be used with PolkAudio Monitor30's as fronts (Remember - I'm on a budget)

Thanks.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
What other Subwoofers are in your budget? Is this it?

I have heard the PSW10 and I though it was worth $50 CAD...

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Neither is going to be very musical or very potent. The 10 is a replacement for the 202, but is very similar overall, except the 10 goes to 40Hz vs 45Hz. I got a 202 when I bought some LSi7s, so I put it through its paces. Room placement and setup were very important to getting it to sound good and while it added a little extra to the bottom, it really isn't impressive by any measure.

H

hendo

Audiophyte
Thanks for your thoughts guys...... I'm still reading through the wealth of info on this site. Cheers.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I had a PSW-202 before I built my current sub. The DIY sub blows the 202 out of the water but I'd say the 202 is a decent sub for the $99 that I paid for it. It doesn't go very low or very loud but it is built well and sounds good.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The products are quality, but for their MSRP, they aren't really that great performance wise. It's better than no sub...:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis