Polk PSW10 review (after 6 months of listening)

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
is it possible that no one discusses there experiences with different cables here because they will be labeled as a "audiophool" from jumpstreet? Understand that I am the last dude that will be spending 500 bucks on a cable anytime soon, but I am a Nordost fan (though I buy them used as I am not made of money)

I will humbly submit that Club Polk (full disclosure, I am a member there) has its issues, as all large social circles do. as in any large social circle, it takes time to ingratiate yourself into it. wether it is worth the effort is up to the person making the attempt I guess. If someone new comes in blows the mission in terms of gradually gaining acceptance in a social circle, things can go amiss. It hapenned to me here, it can happen anywhere really. I just have thick Rhino like skin, because I still poke around.

I submit that like any other board, Audioholics has it's social hirearchy just like any other site with it's own beliefs and whatnot....cross it wrong and you will get the wrath. trust me brotha, it's not much differnet here, though I will say that the ban hammer here can be strong..lol

point is, if your going to offer a viewpoint against the grain of any social hirearchy, it must be done with care. If I came out and said, "I think cables make a difference, I am not an Audiophool and by the way...EFF YOU", I am sure it would not go down famously here, nor should it. Given my low status in the social hirearchy here, an additional onus of tact is required on my part. Thats not just internet boards, thats life in general
I'll rep you ohskigod...:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis