Polk Audio V80 In-Ceiling Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
A couple of weeks ago, I made some overviews covering Polk Audio's newest line of speakers, the V Series. Today, I wanted to post a brief overview on their V80 In-Ceiling Speaker.
1248_white_l.jpg
1248_white_c.jpg
As you all know, the V Series complete their popular Vanishing Series and their purpose is to meet the needs of modest audio budgets. Like other speakers in the series, the new V models have Wafer-thin Sheer-Grilles that are almost invisible, fit smoothly flush and are acoustically designed for wide dispersion and sound coverage. And of course, the V Series also offers a secure, vibration-free installation with Polk’s patented rotating cam system. Take a look at the following features and specifications for additional details and let us know what you think.

FEATURES:
  • Polk’s wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™ with ultra-small .6mm perf attaches magnetically to fit flush (acoustically inert).
  • 1" aimable silk dome tweeter for crisp, clear imaging.
  • 8" Dynamic Balance® driver with polypropylene cone and rubber surround for smooth, consistent frequency response.
  • Polk patented Rotating Cam System ensures secure,vibration-free installation.
  • Optional square grille available.
  • Great height effect speakers in Dolby Atmos® installations.
  • Fire-rated enclosure available.
  • Square grilles are also available.
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Cut-Out Diameter: 9-3/8"
  • Depth: 4-1/8"
  • Mounting Depth (includes 1/2" drywall): 3-5/8"
  • Overall Diameter: 11-1/8"
  • Surround - Depth: 8"
  • Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter: 1"
  • Max Sensitivity: 90dB
  • Recommended Amplifier Power: 10/100w/Ch
  • Total Frequency Response: 30Hz-27kHz
  • Upper Frequency (-3dB Limit): 45Hz-25kHz
PRICE: $249.00/each

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Polk? Really? I'm yet to see one single product from polk which could compete, well basically any other brand speaker at same price point.
As for budget "conscious" buyer, he'd be better off with monoprice or dayton speakers.
Not to mention that besides dubious benefits of atmos, ceiling speakers is worst choice for surround sound

W

Wynbnt

Enthusiast
High Price for a ceiling speaker. In Ceiling is for background music and you are right, not a good home theater choice. . Still my customer wants these .. OK. I do like some polk speakers. The bookshelf LSi7 were really nice in one job I installed. High Powered HK driving them. They sounded as good as my B&W 700's with different room and amp, so hard to compare. I always have to ask pair or each? I would assume the worst and just say $250. each . But I have to ask. Why not make the MSRP very clear? I don't get it.
LS Series look pretty substantial, but a pain in some applications to install.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis