Political Platform to run on...

annunaki

annunaki

I was thinking about politics the other day when something pretty clear hit me. If politicians actually did their jobs in doing what is best for America, its citizens, and their constituents rather than trying force their own agenda(or that of those padding their re-election coffers), they would not have to worry about saving loads of money to build up their next media blitz of lies to sell the voting public. Stick up for the country & its legal citizens, and let their records simply speak for themselves. The people would might even respect them for it.

Wait a minute though...

That makes too much sense, what was I thinking :rolleyes:

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I was thinking about politics the other day when something pretty clear hit me. If politicians actually did their jobs in doing what is best for America, its citizens, and their constituents rather than trying force their own agenda(or that of those padding their re-election coffers), they would not have to worry about saving loads of money to build up their next media blitz of lies to sell the voting public. Stick up for the country & its legal citizens, and let their records simply speak for themselves. The people would might even respect them for it.

Wait a minute though...

Leave it to a Cheesehead to come up with a hare-brained idea like that. Take two curds and call me in the morning.

For the rest of you- no, that's not a typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Leave it to a Cheesehead to come up with a hare-brained idea like that. Take two curds and call me in the morning.

For the rest of you- no, that's not a typo.
Yeah like putting a roof on your stadium.:p

When it's so cold the game clock runs slower than time. You know you have an issue(Weird Ice Bowl Fact)

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
This topic actually came up on another forum I was on, and for a short while, I gave consideration running for an elected office based on the following ideas & ideals:

Everyone eligible to vote in my state would register, either by phone or computer into a new secure system. Each individual would create a user name & password. My job would be to take a matter that’s going to be voted on - bank bail-out, supreme court justice nomination, whether or not to drill for Oil in Alaska…etc. and research it from all possible angles. Then I would present, online and in local papers, an equally strong argument for & against the matter at hand. I would have a non-partisan research team to help gather & disseminate the information. Once presented, I would then ask those voters who have registered to get on their phones or log on and vote yea or nay. The system would tally the votes (the results of which would be made public after the vote in the house) and whatever the majority is, that’s how I would cast my vote - on behalf of the people of The Great State of Minnesota. My speeches on the floor would be with all the passion & conviction I could muster in favor of the voting which already took place.

Furthermore, any meetings I would have with other representatives, special interest people & such would take place in my office, where there would be very visible & clear signs alerting them to the fact that any meetings & conversations taking place would be subject to audio & video recording. In a public office, nothing is private, and the recordings would be made readily available to anyone who wanted to view them.
During my campaign, I would keep 100% accurate accounting of all contributions, who made them & for how much, plus where the money was spent. Again, full disclosure, as I am a publicly elected representative - I would ask for nothing less, and I would give exactly that.

The only problem I can see is this - which party to run under. As I see it, partisan politics have been holding this country back since its inception. Many good ideas are cast aside just because the idea came from “that other party”. I could run as an independent, but they never fare well in the elections, save Jesse Ventura, and that was a fiasco Minnesota won’t soon forget.

highfigh

highfigh

When it's so cold the game clock runs slower than time. You know you have an issue(Weird Ice Bowl Fact)
Yeah, but that was a mechanical clock and didn't use the speedy little electrons like new game clocks.

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
This topic actually came up on another forum I was on, and for a short while, I gave consideration running for an elected office based on the following ideas & ideals:

Everyone eligible to vote in my state would register, either by phone or computer into a new secure system. Each individual would create a user name & password. My job would be to take a matter that’s going to be voted on - bank bail-out, supreme court justice nomination, whether or not to drill for Oil in Alaska…etc. and research it from all possible angles. Then I would present, online and in local papers, an equally strong argument for & against the matter at hand. I would have a non-partisan research team to help gather & disseminate the information. Once presented, I would then ask those voters who have registered to get on their phones or log on and vote yea or nay. The system would tally the votes (the results of which would be made public after the vote in the house) and whatever the majority is, that’s how I would cast my vote
And people wouldn't read the arguments, wouldn't listen to the speeches, would vote whatever their preconceived notion or bias was, and the country (or state, or school board, or whatever) would be run by a group of people that on the whole are almost entirely uninformed and have an average IQ of 100. No thanks.

Really, it'd be the exact same as electing Sarah Palin, just a lot more complex.

annunaki

annunaki

Yes, because everyone always agrees what THAT is, don't they?[/QUOT

I think one would agree that increasing the national debt is not in the best interest of the country or its citizens. I would also think that not allowing 20+ million illegal immigrants roam free in the country (along with providing them educations & other free items/services paid by legal citizens/taxpayers) is also not in the best interest of the people or country. There are plenty of other examples. Common sense is something rarely used in politics, I say it is about time is starts being used.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Wait a minute though...

Your halfway to becoming a politician. You think you are an expert and have all the answers, now you have to apply yourself in the real world and make people believe it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You think you are an expert and have all the answers ...
Actually I also think Anunaki is an expert and has all the answers.
At least he's not as crazy as Markw ... :-O

Just kidding Mark. He is half as crazy as you. :)

annunaki

annunaki

Your halfway to becoming a politician. You think you are an expert and have all the answers, now you have to apply yourself in the real world and make people believe it.

I never claimed to be an expert, but I look for solutions rather than just complaining about things. :)

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai

For the record:
We keep the roof off so God can watch the Packers.

:eek:Oh crap, that's why you have the hole in your stadium.:rolleyes:

News flash. God ain't been watching the Cowboys since JJ got there. :D

highfigh

highfigh

Too bad for him that you can't vote in his state. :p
Maybe not, but thanks to ACORN, he can have someone in that state vote for him. Several times, in fact. He could easily vote there as an absentee- they aren't real sticklers for who signs the voter registration cards and if he wanted, he could even list his address at an intersection, non-existent house number or vacant lot like the workers when I was on jury duty.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe not, but thanks to ACORN, he can have someone in that state vote for him.
Does that apply even to people who aren't U.S. citizens? That would be messed up. Well, more messed up.

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
Yes, because everyone always agrees what THAT is, don't they?[/QUOT

I think one would agree that increasing the national debt is not in the best interest of the country or its citizens.
Depends on why you're increasing it. Public education is currently increasing our national debt, should we do away with that? Things are not as black and white as you seem to think they are.

highfigh

highfigh

Does that apply even to people who aren't U.S. citizens? That would be messed up. Well, more messed up.
When I was on jury duty for that trial (voter registration fraud, misconduct in public office and perjury- one person, who was in charge of absentee voter registration), the names that were on the voter registration cards were for dead people, people who don't exist, multiples for the same people, felons still in prison, felons who were out but still on probation and at least one movie star. The addresses were for empty lots, non-existent house numbers, intersections and at least one business. Why would they care if the name on the card belongs to an illegal? The guy being charged watched as his people (paid by- you guessed it, ACORN) went up to the doors and didn't worry that one person filled out 5 cards or didn't verify the people who filled them out, they just wanted numbers. He was even told by the head of the election board that he shouldn't submit the cards that he knew weren't legit. The more cards they got, the more votes for "their guys" (his words). He stayed in his heated car while his people were out in the cold and still signed the cards as having witnessed the signatures going on. The problem with one person signing many/fraudulent cards is that they have an oath that states that they're the person signing it and that they're legally able to vote.

ACORN doesn't care who signs up or votes, as long as they get their guys in office. In the '00, '04 and '08 elections, the Democrats made all kinds of noise about the Republicans keeping people from voting. I found a card hanging from my front door handle in '04 stating that "if any of the green-jacketed Republicans try to keep me from voting, I should contact the police". While I admit to owning a green jacket, I wouldn't try to keep anyone from voting.

Funny thing about who kept people from voting- on the morning of the '04 election, the tires were slashed on 25 "Get Out The Vote" vans rented by the Republicans. These vans were rented so they could drive people to the polls when they had no other way to get there. One of the people arrested, and who served time for it, is the son of State Representative Gwen Moore (D-WI) and another is the son of Marvin Pratt, who was in charge of Budget & Finance when a new police station was built and came in 2-1/2 years late/$26M over budget. He was also the Acting Mayor in MKE when the previous d-bag left early after having an affair with an aide. All of these people have that little D after their name, yet they all scream about the Republicans "disenfranchising voters" whenever an election is held.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis