Please help with Surround Sound not working

mah927

mah927

Audiophyte
I have a Yamaha RX V765 and Mirage nanosat speakers. The subwoofer is a Dayton. All this time I had it on 3.1 - three in the front left-center-right and subwoofer. I have been happy with it. But I recently watched transformers on a friend of mine's stereo in a box system and it was really great. So, I finally got to installing the left and right surround systems. They look great! :D However I am unable to get any sound out of them.:confused: When I check the settings on my Amp all I have are the 7 surround and 2 channels. I even checked if my speaker settings from A/B switch (Speakers A or B Speakers). I have been trying to figure out reading the Yamaha manual, it is a nightmare :eek: I tried using the set up screen, I can't find any settings for 5.1. All I see is 7.2 or straight 3.1 when I select DTS I get no sound. I checked the new speakers separately they work fine too. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

The first two things that come to mind for me are:
  • Make sure that you connected your new speakers to the "Surround" speaker terminals and not the "Surround Back" speaker terminals. The "Surround Back" terminals are used if you have seven speakers.
  • Rerun the YPAO setup routine. You have to configure your speakers in the menu system, and YPAO is an easy way to do that for you. Plus, YPAO will do some calibration on your speakers.
If you connected it that way and reran YPAO, and you still aren't getting sound, just let us know so we can help you get this all set up. Surround sound really is great to have!

mah927

mah927

Audiophyte
Welcome to the forum!

The first two things that come to mind for me are:
  • Make sure that you connected your new speakers to the "Surround" speaker terminals and not the "Surround Back" speaker terminals. The "Surround Back" terminals are used if you have seven speakers.
  • Rerun the YPAO setup routine. You have to configure your speakers in the menu system, and YPAO is an easy way to do that for you. Plus, YPAO will do some calibration on your speakers.
If you connected it that way and reran YPAO, and you still aren't getting sound, just let us know so we can help you get this all set up. Surround sound really is great to have!
Thanks, Adam! I will do that when I get back home. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis