Please Help with Presence Speaker Setup

dm_4u

dm_4u

Junior Audioholic
I have hooked up Presence Speakers to my Yamaha RX-V2400, (making it 7.1), and have turned them on in the software, in all the places that I should, I think, however I am experiencing a slight problem.

Even though I have turned off the Zone 2 amp, the Zone 2 and 3 lights remain on in the Yammies display and the display does not show the two little presence lines, (indicating they are connected and on), above the "FL C FR" symbols.

Yes I am using Cinema DSP to check the sound, (several different ones, like DD enhanced, Adventure, Sci-Fi and Spectacle), and nadda.

Now if I do a test sound, they are included in the test and yes I have 7 speakers selected and Presence-Yes/SB-No.

Any ideas???

Also, with this setup, is it possible to play DPLIIx or is that just for 7.1 with Surround Back?

:confused:

F

Fb111794

Audioholic Intern
dm_4u said:
I have hooked up Presence Speakers to my Yamaha RX-V2400, (making it 7.1), and have turned them on in the software, in all the places that I should, I think, however I am experiencing a slight problem.

Even though I have turned off the Zone 2 amp, the Zone 2 and 3 lights remain on in the Yammies display and the display does not show the two little presence lines, (indicating they are connected and on), above the "FL C FR" symbols.

Yes I am using Cinema DSP to check the sound, (several different ones, like DD enhanced, Adventure, Sci-Fi and Spectacle), and nadda.

Now if I do a test sound, they are included in the test and yes I have 7 speakers selected and Presence-Yes/SB-No.

Any ideas???

Also, with this setup, is it possible to play DPLIIx or is that just for 7.1 with Surround Back?

:confused:
I'm not a Yamaha owner, so I can't really give you much help with how to set them up.

However, I was having a similar problem with a piece of Denon gear once (AVR-3802) and reading the owners manual trying to find the answer was like trying to solve a cross-word puzzle written in Chinese.

In frustration, I actually called the Denon Technical Department in NJ and had a real nice conversation with one of the techs. He got me all squared away and actually gave me a couple of pointers in using that particular piece of gear.

Maybe Yamaha has a number that you could call as well. I know that getting my problem straightened out was worth far more than whatever the long distance phone charge was.

Good luck and let us all know how it turns out!

John W.
Indy

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis