Please help please read!!!!!!

M

MvpBrady

Audioholic Intern
How do I connect adcom 7607 with my pioneer elite vsx-53?? I have all the cables needed im just not sure how to connect it I have no manual. please help electronics are scattered everywhere lol

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. Happy to help, but here's some info for you to get started:

(*) Adcom GFA-7607 owner's manual link.

(*) Pioneer Elite VSX-53 owner's manual link.

M

MvpBrady

Audioholic Intern
I checked that manual it doesn't state how or where to install

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
To be more clear, you'll connect an RCA cable from one of the "PRE OUT" jacks on the Pioneer to one of the "input" jacks on the back of the 7670 for each speaker that you want to be powered by the amplifier instead of by the receiver. Then, you'd connect each of those speakers to the amplifier instead of the receiver.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I am a little concerned on your level of knowledge about home audio, you may want to reach out to a friend or professional, if you still are having difficulty to avoid possible damage to your equipment. This is not meant to be mean, so I hope you don't take it that way:

1. You have seven interconnects for 7 channel output and 1 for the subwoofer if you have one?
2. You know the difference between black/red when connecting speaker wire?

You are aware that you connect the speaker wire from the speaker directly to the amp (adcom) and not the pioneer?

Page 3 of the Manual has the back panel layout of your receiver (Middle Right Side) are you PRE-OUT Connects, and they label which input you connect

If you are looking at the back panel of your amp you see the connections you need to match up with your Receiver: (If you are facing the back panel go from your left to right)

Adcom (Use your analog interconnects (starting left of the amp to the labeled pre outs of your receiver) See Page 3 of the Pioneer Manual

LF = connect to the Front L of your receiver pre out
C = your Center of your receiver pre out
RF = Connect to the Front R of your receiver Pre Out
RS = Connect to the Right Surround of your receiver Pre Out
RB = Connect to the Right Back of your receiver Pre Out
LB = Connect to the Left back of your receiver Pre OUt
LS = Connect to the Left Surround of your receiver Pre Out

If you have a subwoofer and its powered, you just connect the subwoofer cable from the sub to the receiver Sub Pre out 1
If you have a 12v trigger cable, connect it from the amp 12v trigger connect to the 12v Trigger Out of your receiver (See Page 24 of Pioneer User Manual)

I don't know your level of knowledge with equipment and if you are uncomfortable with this description, I would suggest having someone come help you in person.

M

MvpBrady

Audioholic Intern
ok so u said use rca's but what if I was going to power all 7 speakers and only have 2 rca's

M

MvpBrady

Audioholic Intern
lol I understand what your saying. im only running for the time being a 2 channel system two from towers I connected the banana clips to the adcom. did the pre outs form the pioneer pre out marked front to the input marked LF RF. BUT NOW WHEN ITS ON STAND BY its buzzing a lil how come

M

MvpBrady

Audioholic Intern
i have my pioneer receiver working i just cant get the adcom to work

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Is this the first time that you've used the Adcom? I'm wondering if the buzzing is due to a bad amp or something else.

M

MvpBrady

Audioholic Intern
ty u so much i figured it out... sorry for being a nooob. Im just new at this

M

MvpBrady

Audioholic Intern
the buzzing is from the direct tv i have to buy a 75 ohm ground isolator

M

MvpBrady

Audioholic Intern
i knew i was missing a piece and my wife threw out the mic

M

MvpBrady

Audioholic Intern
do u know what decimal this receiver will go up to i want to know what is half way. it starts out at -.80 seeing that its now 200 am lol im just curious

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
the buzzing is from the direct tv i have to buy a 75 ohm ground isolator
Do you have a surge protector that also has coax inputs/outputs? If so, try plugging your electronics and your Directv line into it. If it has a common ground for both the power outlets and the cable connections, then it certainly might get rid of that buzzing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis