Please Help-No Video from HDMI

R

Rossww

Audioholic Intern
I hope it's an easy answer, but I just hooked my new Pioneer Pro-1130HD Plasma to my new Pioneer VSX-74TXVi Receiver. I have an HDMI cable from my HD Cable box into the Receiver. Then I hooked up an HDMI cable from the receiver into the HDMI input (input #1) of the Plasma. I activated the HDMI input from the TV and I still don't have Video. However, the wierd thing is that I can see the receivers menu on the set up screen display from the receiver on the plasma, but just no video from the cable box. (I have audio) I've tried everything I can think of..any suggestions? Thanks in advance

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Assuming the cable box is configured correctly to output over HDMI, I would bet that you have to assign the HDMI input on the receiver to one of the source selection buttons - just like you have to do for digital audio or component video.

R

Rossww

Audioholic Intern
MDS said:
Assuming the cable box is configured correctly to output over HDMI, I would bet that you have to assign the HDMI input on the receiver to one of the source selection buttons - just like you have to do for digital audio or component video.
Thanks for the response..but do you know how to do that? I'm a little slow..thanks again

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I would download the manual and find the appropriate section for you, but I can't because you have to register on the Pioneer site to download manuals.

The manual should describe how to assign all inputs. It's going to be a setting somewhere in the setup menus for the receiver.

R

Rossww

Audioholic Intern
Thanks..I actually already did that and it says it's right. I was thinking I need to somehow assign the output? I just can't find how to do that anywhere.

M

mnc615

Enthusiast
out of order

The cable box i had supplied from my local cable provider had HDMI but it was not configured for use. Component was the only way. Even though it was there plane as day it would not work.

P

plasmalvr

Enthusiast
Rossww said:
I hope it's an easy answer, but I just hooked my new Pioneer Pro-1130HD Plasma to my new Pioneer VSX-74TXVi Receiver. I have an HDMI cable from my HD Cable box into the Receiver. Then I hooked up an HDMI cable from the receiver into the HDMI input (input #1) of the Plasma. I activated the HDMI input from the TV and I still don't have Video. However, the wierd thing is that I can see the receivers menu on the set up screen display from the receiver on the plasma, but just no video from the cable box. (I have audio) I've tried everything I can think of..any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Congrats on your 1130 purchase!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Have you tried connecting directly to the display to make sure that works first? Do you have other HDMI devices to switch also? It would seem that you are getting OSD from the receiver, so maybe it's the cable box?

R

Rossww

Audioholic Intern
j_garcia said:
Have you tried connecting directly to the display to make sure that works first? Do you have other HDMI devices to switch also? It would seem that you are getting OSD from the receiver, so maybe it's the cable box?
This is frustrating...I hooked the cable directly to the Plasma and it worked fine. That means that it must be a receiver issue. I guess I need to keep pluggin away. thanks and any suggestions on how to turn on the HDMI output on the receiver is appreciated.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Sorry Ross I should have read your post more closely I thought you were getting pic but no OSD Menu.:eek: If you are getting the menu but no pic you might want to read through that link I gave you there are a lot of similar issues. I currently have the same Rec still in the box waiting on some speakers to hook it up to. Hope you get it worked out.
Curt
you posted while I was typing..:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis