PlayStation 3 Firmware Update 2.60

D

Drag0nFly

Enthusiast
Pretty much the only reason I wanted to put Linux on my PS 3 was to use Firefox. Sony's browser sucks!!! I've heard you can use the PS 3 as a DVR with Linux. But I'm not tech-savvy enough to want to deal with that.
You can use Firefox and browsing wouldn't be too slow unless you have a couple of windows open with lots of flash, etc.
But to use it as a DVR within Linux would require a fair degree of tech-savvyness. :) If you mean a DVD/Blu-Ray player that would be fairly easy (although I'm not sure about the performance).
Sounds odd that someone would suggest it actually can be used for this in the first place, as it has no tuners fitted into it...

Sony did offer a DVR solution via their "PlayTV" product (works directly with the XMB)--but that is only out for the UK (DVB-T). Unsure if they have any ATSC models planned for the North American market.

Nevertheless, for that region it was working very well, but the UK has alot of free-to-air channels...

C

celica

Enthusiast
I can never get new updates to install, even when I try to download them via firefox :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis