Playing USB files via AVR or blu ray; any audiophile upgrades available?

K

keenly

Enthusiast
I play a lot of music from USB sticks, sometimes using hub with 4 stick on.

I was wondering is there were any upgrades? Audiophile hubs, sticks, leads or are all these useless?

cheers

Paul

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I play a lot of music from USB sticks, sometimes using hub with 4 stick on.

I was wondering is there were any upgrades? Audiophile hubs, sticks, leads or are all these useless?

cheers

Paul
Useless!

K

keenly

Enthusiast
OK lol

Is there any evidence of audio quality differences between playing USB and discs via blu ray? I normally have m2ts files from blu ray or High resolution 24 192 flac files.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you're playing the same quality files, e.g. the same m2ts files as the bluray, why would there be a difference? If the FLAC is of a lossless 24/192 track, the flac remains lossless. Why would you think it wouldn't be equal?

D

dolynick

Audioholic
OK lol

Is there any evidence of audio quality differences between playing USB and discs via blu ray? I normally have m2ts files from blu ray or High resolution 24 192 flac files.
If both the USB MTS files and the bluray disc are being decoded by the DAC in the AVR, they should sound exactly the same. If the bluray player is not bitstreaming and is decoding the the audio internally and passing to the AVR over basic PCM, then there might be a difference (depends on how comparable the internal DAC in the bluray player is). Most likely your player is bitstreaming though and if your AVR reports Atmos, etc when playing a movie, then it is definitely configured for bitstreaming.

Lossless audio in an MTS file should be 24bit/48kHz. Your 24/192 flac files are technically superior (assuming the source for the encoding wasn't limited in some way in the first place) but it's unlikely you'll be able to tell a difference between them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis