N

Neijii

Audioholic

So on the right, is the door to my room and the left is the laundry room door, so I don't have much room on the sides, would it be ok to mount the Aperion 4Bs right under the TV on each corner of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

So on the right, is the door to my room and the left is the laundry room door, so I don't have much room on the sides, would it be ok to mount the Aperion 4Bs right under the TV on each corner of it?
You don't have much option by the look of it, but you will have practically no stereo spread or acoustic depth.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Neijii

Audioholic
I know :(

That's why if i mount the speakers right under the TV at each corner, I think that may be the best bet.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Another option would be to put the speakers on stands closer to the listening position just past the door way. That would make the angle of the speakers wider at your seating position. There seems to be a cabinet or something near the door on the right wall. Is moving that an option? If so, I'd put the speakers where I said.

Jim

N

Neijii

Audioholic
ahh that's a great idea..good thing the Aperion mounts I ordered pivot.

N

Neijii

Audioholic
Another option would be to put the speakers on stands closer to the listening position just past the door way. That would make the angle of the speakers wider at your seating position. There seems to be a cabinet or something near the door on the right wall. Is moving that an option? If so, I'd put the speakers where I said.

Jim
The stands would block the walking room into my room, it's about an 18" legroom, so with stands, it would take even more room away.

The "cabinet" is actually a vent lol.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Curiously, how many feet do you sit from that display? How wide is the display itself?

Try to borrow a pair of speaker stands. Have some file cabinets, or large stacks of books on hand as well. This way you can play not only with angles, but height as well.

With a very cursory glance, I say mount directly to the sides of the TV. Whatever mounts or shelves you choose, give them as much space as possible from the front wall. The light switch? I'll let you figure that out. (Do you mind that its hidden behind the speaker, yet still accessible to turn on/off?).

Good luck!

edit: I'd also be wary of a right-heavy soundstage if that wall is indeed a lot closer than the left wall. You can decide if treatment is a possibility, if that does become the case.

N

Neijii

Audioholic
I don't even use that light switch..it's for my backyard lol.

My TV is 40"

I sit roughly 10' from it if I'm on my bed watching TV.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I see. Well as TLS has said, its going to be very hard to get depth and width, especially because it looks like the speakers are going to be pretty close to each other given your significant viewing distance.

I think David's idea is worth looking into. The main problem is that you are placing the speakers even closer to numerous boundaries. In some ways it may sound better while simultaneously sounding worse due to early reflections.

You will need to experiment, and if you want the best audio, you will have to have a flexible attitude regarding placement. And it seems you do. I'd start thinking about budgeting for treatments if audio is important to you.

N

Neijii

Audioholic
So i'll admit I'm an audio noob and I'm learning as I ask and learn from you guys. So what does audio treatments mean?

N

Neijii

Audioholic
Well the speakers should come in today, so I'll play around with the positions and let you guys know.

N

Neijii

Audioholic
I just thought of something..can't I buy short speaker stands and put them on the corners of my console unit under the tv? This way the speakers will be pretty much right at the bottom of the tv, but not covered by it..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis