Placebo strikes again!

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Interesting blog post many here will find amusing:
The difference is as clear as the ear on your face!

The crux of the matter:

Overall, the commenters opined that the H4 was OK, the H4n was better, and the PCM-D50 was best. They were pretty much unanimous that the difference between the H4 and the Sony was as plain as day - compared with the Sony, the H4 was “muddy” or “muddled”, “disjointed”, “scrambled”, or slightly noisier; one commenter called it “not even worth talking about”. One guy even said he heard wow and flutter. There was general agreement that the Sony was clearly superior.

The only problem with all this - which another commenter soon discovered - was that Brad actually screwed up. Instead of pasting in the embed code for all three recorders, he pasted in the H4 code, then the H4n code… and then the H4 code again. He just labelled it as the Sony PCM-D50.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
What did the test subects say when they found this out?

This just shows that sighted testing is 100% reliable in obtaining the results you want. Not necessarially the truth, but what you want.

It would have been interesting to see what the results would have been with a blind test.

R

Robof83

Audioholic
Haha I wanna know what the guy who said "not even worth talking about” 's reaction was to that:D

U

UT_EE

Audiophyte
As an electrical engineer interested in factual + mathematical descriptions of items, I love seeing "audiophiles" put in their places like this over imagined differences in equipment!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
As an electrical engineer interested in factual + mathematical descriptions of items, I love seeing "audiophiles" put in their places like this over imagined differences in equipment!
-10 show your work. We want to see formulae and charts.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis