Pioneer zone 2 - can't seem to turn it on

S

sylvisaker

Audiophyte
I have a Pioneer VSX1122 (like it)
I know this is a similar post to another thread but that person was at least able to turn on zone 2. I have the exact same objective. I want to attaché zone 2 to a wireless transmitter to run a pair of speakers on my condo deck. I purchased a product called RocketFish. I followed the instructions for attaching the components including an analog connection to my cable box.

Based on what I was told I expect that I should be able to turn on zone 2, adjust the volume independent of zone 1, and play Pandora, for example, while zone 1 is playing the cable TV. I use my iPhone interface to run the system.

I turn on zone 2 and the receiver confirms on the display that zone 2 is running. However, the IPhone app doesn't allow me to change the volume. I am able to pick Pandora but all that plays (and very very quietly) through my speakers is the programming on zone 1. So - I don't think I am really in zone 2.

Thanks in advance for any help: Steve

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Did you go into the amp and/or speaker set up and set the surround back speaker to zone 2? Usually the default is set to use the surround back as a 7.1 config and you will need to change it to Zone 2.

S

sylvisaker

Audiophyte
Thanks - will give that a try when next in the condo. So then should I expect the volume to appear active? And which speaker connection should I use?

S

sylvisaker

Audiophyte
Thanks guys. Switching surround back speaker to zone 2 was the trick. After that was completed zone 2 activated. Also running the analog cables from the cable box to the receiver made the sat/cable feed available to zone 2. I tied zone 2 into a wireless solution that lets me have the two speakers on the deck. All good.

Thanks again.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis